Fitted my WEPR piping today..

bildo

Member +
Can anyone that has it fitted to their Starlet (preferably Glanza) help me out a bit here.

Number one, the bonnet isn't shutting, it can sit on the latch but won't shut completely. I can feel it's the FMIC pipe at the front that goes to the turbo. It's all fitted 100% correctly and I can't figure out why it's doing this.

Number two, I had a relocation kit made up but because the gap between the FMIC piping and the rad is too small I can't fit the 57mm pipe through it. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any help guys, completely stuck here.

bildo

Member +
DSCF2212.jpg

DSCF2215.jpg

That shows the piping I will get some pics up in a bit of the relocation problem.

bildo

Member +
ok so which end you having the problem with?

lcuuegsncopy.jpg

In that pic the highlighted pipe, when I put the bonnet on the catch it's fine but I cannot close the bonnet as the pipe is touching it. It's the exact centre of the highlighted part that I'm having the issue with, when it's on the catch I can fit my finger through and feel it touching the bonnet.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
ive only seen that piping work on the ep82 starlets lad you might have to get it cut smaller and rewelded if its giving trouble not that big of a deal to get it done

bildo

Member +
ive only seen that piping work on the ep82 starlets lad you might have to get it cut smaller and rewelded if its giving trouble not that big of a deal to get it done

That's what I thought was my most likely option mate. I'll see if I can get any more solutions on what it might be before going down that route.

Did you buy this new? if so get onto the seller he might have the answers for ya.

Yes I did mate, I will be contacting Sacha if I don't resolve it soon. No need to bother him yet though as it may be something very simple.

What manifold is that and does it alter the stock position of the turbo?

It's a Zisco manifold, and I didn't notice that it had altered the positioning of the turbo but I guess it is possible.

Derek

Lifer
Yea mate as texx says it could of altered the position of the turbo slightly raising it this would cause the problem.

bildo

Member +
Makes sense guys, thanks a lot, just going to get some pics of the issue I have with the relocation and any help will be greatly appreciated with that too.

bildo

Member +
Right guys, this relocation issue.

Basically, as it's a Tong hybrid with an outlet of 55mm I got a 90 degree silicone bend with a 57mm ID. I then ordered a 57mm stainless steel 90 degree bend to go inside the pipe and into the front bumper. Here's where the issue starts, due to the location of the piping the gap between the pipe and rad is tiny.

As you can see in this pic the hose is much larger than the actual gap.
Picture003-2.jpg

In this pic (I have enhanced it so you can see the size of the FMIC pipe.) you can see that the SS pipe is also far too big to fit through the gap.
Picture008.jpg

How have people gone about relocating their air filters on WEPR piping with the stock rad in place?

carrington865

Member +
if there is any room to the left of the IC pipe then just cut to bend and put a bit of silicon pipe in there. that would move it over enough to fit the relocation kit in

a buddy of mine is using the wepr piping kit on his glanza set up.....he had to adjust the piping a little for it to work

PS- his intercooler was universal (but very similar fitting:)) to what u have, so i dont know if that makes a difference

Idrees

Banned
With the relocation kit, this is what I would do.

Trim the side that goes on the turbo inlet, so that when the pipe is fitted it isn't so far out. Yes the radiator will be then in the way, but you can trim the metal edge of the radiator no problem at all, it's how we did my brother's reloation. Looking at the second picture, you might just get away with doing that.

Sorry if I don't make much sense, but good luck anyway dude!

kieran.s gt

Member +
cut the pipe and put in a reducer that will then move the intercooler pipe so you can get relocation pipe past it
like this in the pic
sorry frankie for robbing the pic:p

Mike_ep91

Member +
cut the pipe and put in a reducer that will then move the intercooler pipe so you can get relocation pipe past it
like this in the pic
sorry frankie for robbing the pic:p

Thatas the easiest solution to the problem alrite,just cut and trim the pipes till the bonnet closes