fitting an oil cooler and relocator

buckets

Member +
looking to fit oil cooler and oil relocator,,is there a certain way to do this any link to a step by step cant seem to find one with how its done

Pick1

Fresh Recruit
Surely some of the guys on here can help these boys out I've seen loads of gt's with oil coolers if all else fails and no one helps ya give tuning developments a call there always help ful

goldenvtr

Member +
i just bought the bits all seperate, much cheaper that way, itll cost about 80-100 quid buying new parts, mine only cost 50£ gotta love ebay

themostatic sandwhich plate, oil lines and mocal 13row cooler, no temp issues atall on track or sitting in traffic

some pics not great but you get the idea of how i mounted mine - and its in direct airflow through the grille :D
102_0772.jpg

102_0773.jpg

102_0793.jpg

102_0826.jpg

102_0825.jpg

102_0837.jpg

Last edited:

Fro

Member +
i just bought the bits all seperate, much cheaper that way, itll cost about 80-100 quid buying new parts, mine only cost 50£ gotta love ebay

themostatic sandwhich plate, oil lines and mocal 13row cooler, no temp issues atall on track or sitting in traffic

some pics not great but you get the idea of how i mounted mine - and its in direct airflow through the grille :D

I take it your filter is still in its standard place since you have the thermo sandwich plate? Id rather an in line one with a relocated filer but its the bits for the filter and filter housing i cant seem to find/figure out!

buckets

Member +
I take it your filter is still in its standard place since you have the thermo sandwich plate? Id rather an in line one with a relocated filer but its the bits for the filter and filter housing i cant seem to find/figure out!
if we could see which why you ran the lines from the oil filter side it would be great

WallaceGlanza

Member +

You still here!:p

Do you not have any problems with the oil getting upto temp, I have the mocal thermo sandwich plate too and had to take the cooler off over winter as the oil wouldn't get above 70C?

goldenvtr

Member +
yup still floating about my mazda threw the rods at 290bhp so iim forginhg that now too, which means im back in the GT now after 18months lol. thing is silly fast.

temps are fine so me, does take a little longer to warm up but after a while its fine, holds 60deg min on temp guage after a proper warming

goldenvtr

Member +

yea left filter in stock place, its not exactly hard to get too

Fro

Member +
You still here!:p

Do you not have any problems with the oil getting upto temp, I have the mocal thermo sandwich plate too and had to take the cooler off over winter as the oil wouldn't get above 70C?

Am I right in thinking the thermo sandwich plate is never 100% closed and that was why you were having trouble with getting upto temp? Do you know if the inline stat closes properly?

yea left filter in stock place, its not exactly hard to get too

Yeah its true, though i find my oil filter fouls my air filter relocation slightly, although I forgot ive already got a sandwich plate on so shouldnt make too much difference :homer:

Do either of you have any take offs for oil gauges? If so where? Cant see any on the mocal plate

goldenvtr

Member +
i stacked them lol got a takeoff plate for sensors then the mocal thermostat, i get a before oil cooler reading (which is idealy what you want)