Fitting Rear Calipers?

WullieC

Member +
Im going to have to replace my rear calipers on the glanza, is this fairly straight forward or a right pain?

can anyone give me a step by step :kiss:

looking at the calipers it shouldnt be too difficult but iv no idea where to start

WullieC

Member +
yeah thats been my bible for the last few weeks lol :kiss:

its the caliper that i need to totally remove and replace tho not the disks or pads

the coiled spring is what worries me, do i just ping it off the old and coil it onto the new or what? :confused:

cheers! :)

scot-ish

Member +
what coil spring? the handbrake one?

its easy mate, only prob is changing callipers you need to bleed the brakes through, and that takes two people, make sure the bleed nipples are good before you change calipers.

WullieC

Member +
yes mate sorry lol

the hand brake cable runs to a little coiled spring on the caliper

why does it need 2 folk?
both at the same time i assume? :haha:

WallaceGlanza

Member +
yes mate sorry lol

the hand brake cable runs to a little coiled spring on the caliper

why does it need 2 folk?
both at the same time i assume? :haha:

One to pump the brakes and one to crack and close the nipples, it's a very tedious task - my girlfriend hates it!:p:haha:

scot-ish

Member +
One to pump the brakes and one to crack and close the nipples, it's a very tedious task - my girlfriend hates it!:p:haha:

ditto, moaned about the pumping of the pedal for ages, so i got her to go to the bleed nipple, told her what to do, but i loosened it off, and then pumped brake fluid onto here, luckily it was one of my "car tinkering" hoodies

accent_97

Member +
not neccesarry 2 persons you can use a bottle half filled with brake fliud with a small pipe connected to bleed valve, pump till the air comes out and then close the bleed valve

Last edited: