forged engine dealers

dan-gt

Member +
Hi all who has experiance with traders on here and there forged engines ? looking to find out what the timescale to complete was. was it a drive in and out same day or are some traders forging your own unit any info will be great as need one dropping in but cany have car off road for any long period of time cheers all. :beer:

churcherj

Member +
Hi all who has experiance with traders on here and there forged engines ? looking to find out what the timescale to complete was. was it a drive in and out same day or are some traders forging your own unit any info will be great as need one dropping in but cany have car off road for any long period of time cheers all. :beer:

most of them work on an exchange basis so if the trader is far from you then youd have to arrange to swap the engines over? cant you just buy a second hand block and all the parts and get any competent engine builder to assemble it?

dan-gt

Member +
most of them work on an exchange basis so if the trader is far from you then youd have to arrange to swap the engines over? cant you just buy a second hand block and all the parts and get any competent engine builder to assemble it?

Hi bud yes could do it with spare engine no problem but i was hoping that some of the traders may have atleast one built up ready to fit so its a drive in drive out affair :D

churcherj

Member +
Hi bud yes could do it with spare engine no problem but i was hoping that some of the traders may have atleast one built up ready to fit so its a drive in drive out affair :D

ye i see what your saying mate, they may do it if they have a spare block to work on and you pay them a deposit or something, give some a PM and see what they say :)

i rekon you could get a spare block and the parts and build it up alot cheaper than a trader, i rekon you could do it for £1500 or less doing it yourself (depending what parts you go for) ECC do a forged engine package for like £1000 i think, obviously you would need to add machining/fitting costs on top, and other parts such as oil pumps and what not, a trader would want £2000 plus your engine which is worth say £400 quid? depends really how much your budget is and the benefit of getting it done yourself with a spare block is that you can take as long as you want :)

lleey2k4

Member +
Pretty sure Nick Jones would do you a drive in drive out forged engine swap get onto him lad and he will give you warranty/guarantee if he maps it also.

Bazza

Member +
Alright matey I have a tm developments forged engine that I'm in process of selling. The only thing is it won't be finished till after Xmas it has a pretty tasty spec pm for details. Dave is a very reputable trader on here and many members have had engines built by him and Darren. I would defo recommend tmdevelopments they always keep you up to date and advise on certain bits and bobs to do.