Front Fog Indicator Light

Cuffbertt

Fresh Recruit
Ok a few weeks ago I got a bollocking from a copper for having my front fog lights on, he then told me to get a light fitted to the dash so i would know that they were on in the future, and if i didnt then it would fail it's MOT.

is it a requirement to have a light fitted to tell you when your front fogs are on? i had a quick look to see if theres a bulb blown somewhere that needs replacing but i cant see one :S and i dont see how its passed previous MOTs without a light...

anyways cheers for any help!

Carl

Stulet-GTT

Member +
I haven't gotta light for mine in the car, but then i dont drive around with them on its just annoying to other driver's..

You dont have to have a light i dont think...

Cuffbertt

Fresh Recruit
haha i wasnt driving with them on for no reason, it was foggy out on the smaller roads, but then it cleared in the town centre and i forgot they were on :)

guess that copper was talkin out his arse then... lol

cheers buddy

GlanzaV.Tee

Member +
my mate does MOT's at his station asked him this he said the rear one has to have one but not the front, it either comes with it or it dont, the rear one is needed as its bright as a brake lite so some people wont know if ur braking or not lolz thats what i dug up hope it helps

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
agree with the above...

aswell has having the indicator for the rear, my MOT centre was relunctant to let it pass because mine didnt have any icon or text on the indicator switch that lets you know what the button what actually for, he said i needed to write FOG on it with a white pen :S