fuel cut off boost drop

kinder

Fresh Recruit
does any one know what would cause the boost to drop and fuel to cut off its fine until you get the car upto 0.9 bar then it drops off and fuel cuts out and the car juders then goes again until you hit 0.9 bar agian the car has got a fuel defender on and a manual boost controller im thinking of buying this car just want to know whats wrong with it any help would be handy
cheers

well firstly is the fueling set up right i.e fuel pressure reg. and if so what other mods does it have, aftermarket exhaust and induction kits cause boost creep which wont help with the fuel cut. standard boost cut is around 0.85bar so is the fuel cut defender set up correctly.

*edit* just to add what other modification does it have, people more clued up than me will be able to help you better.

TURBO2010

Member +
well firstly is the fueling set up right i.e fuel pressure reg. and if so what other mods does it have, aftermarket exhaust and induction kits cause boost creep which wont help with the fuel cut. standard boost cut is around 0.85bar so is the fuel cut defender set up correctly.

*edit* just to add what other modification does it have, people more clued up than me will be able to help you better.

x2 fpr???

kinder

Fresh Recruit
not sure how its setup tbh as ive not bought the car yet its got fmic airfilter moved to the front s/s maninfold decat exhaust manual boost gauge but did have a electronic boost agauge and had same problem

davehart

Member +
I'd be concered to why it would do that, especially on a car I'd be looking to buy. If its hitting fuel cut then the FCD probably is not set up correctly, check what setting its on.

And, have a look what other mods its got on there, if its not got a RRFPR to go with the FCD then it may well be causing damage by running lean.

probably the reason for him putting the fuel cut defender on is to stop the fuel cut caused by his uprated mani and air filter or he has added the manual boost controller to run over fuel cut and just used a fcd, this is bad, i would want to know before you buy the car if the fueling was set up on a rolling road with proof of a print out. this sounds alittle dodgy to me .

kinder

Fresh Recruit
yer its got a hks actuator if its only a fueling issue then id be happy i was thinking it must be somethign to do with that as i know they only boost to abotu 0.9 bar so that drop of is fine

yer its got a hks actuator if its only a fueling issue then id be happy i was thinking it must be somethign to do with that as i know they only boost to abotu 0.9 bar so that drop of is fine

it will boost to what you want it too if you set it on the actuator!! but if the fuelling isnt set up right running lean will cause engine damage.

and why is he using a mcb if he has a hks actuator, doesnt make sense!

davehart

Member +

One thing I would do is take out the manual boost controller and set the HKS one at 0.5-0.6.

God knows what he's got that set to at the moment.

kinder

Fresh Recruit
so it shouldnt be to hard to sort out then im just hoping that its not nothin else as the car is mint thats all that lets it down

ok so take out the mcb and then set up fueling and should be better ready to start having fun with

if you want to run over fuel cut which is around 0.85bar you will need fuel pressure regulator set up on a rolling road or better piggyback ecu ext under fuel cut the car will fuel fine so, but yeah take mcb off and run around stock boost 0.65 bar untill you have the neccesary modifications.:)

davehart

Member +
so it shouldnt be to hard to sort out then im just hoping that its not nothin else as the car is mint thats all that lets it down

Not at all. I'd do a compression test on it just to rule out any engine issues, best to be on the safe side and only takes a few moments to do.

Remove the MCB, FCD and set the HKS to 0.5.

With those mods you will experience some creeping so see what its boosting to and either restrict the intake or port the wastegate.

Then, set about modding it properly to run .8 and its happy days :)

WallaceGlanza

Member +
There's not a problem using a manual boost controller along with an adjustable actuator just like you can use an ebc with an adjustable actuator.

It obviously sounds like the fcd it has is either not wired in correctly or if it's an hks one is set wrong, I would check the setting then get the fuelling adjusted using an rrfpr or alternatively just lower the boost to below fuel cut (0.8 bar).

kinder

Fresh Recruit
how quick can you adjust the hks actuator on these never played with these used to bigger cars i think what ill do it compression test it remove the manual boost controller put a rrfpr on it and get it on some rollers to set it up properly that should solve it then wheres the best place to get a rrfpr