fuel cut

iam getting engine code 34. i have an ep91 totally box standard when on high boost about 4k revs i hit fuel cut but cant seem to find a problem. i have looked for vaccum leaks and changed the map sensor but not found any problem. anyone any ides cause i didnt think it should hit fuel cut on a box standard car?

MentaLEP91

Member +
yeap a standard car could hit fuel depending on conditions of the weather, driving, and the condition of the engine.

its not that something wrong caused it to hit fuel cut but if u expirience it alot, u should regulate the right foot a bit

CMR

Member +
iam getting engine code 34. i have an ep91 totally box standard when on high boost about 4k revs i hit fuel cut but cant seem to find a problem. i have looked for vaccum leaks and changed the map sensor but not found any problem. anyone any ides cause i didnt think it should hit fuel cut on a box standard car?

if it's Absolutey standard I.e not even an exhaust change or air filter and it's still cutting then the wastegate isn't opening fully, check the actuator.
One other thing is have you bypassed the hi low solonoid cos there have been cases where just bypassing has led to fuelcut

it was bypassed when i got it but i put it back to high low boost. but it hits fuel cut mostly every time u put the foot down. so i just use it on low boost now. the actuator moves freely enough. i was goin to take off the turbo and check the waste gate for cracks etc but not got round to it

Texx

Super Moderator
Disconnect the actuator from the wastegate arm and check you can open the wastegate fully by hand.
You can also try disconnecting the vacuum pipe from the actuator and attaching a foot pump. If you use a pump with a pressure gauge you should be able to tell how much pressure it takes to open the wastegate.

Have you got a boost gauge fitted? Do you know what boost pressure your hitting?

racerboymx

Member +
Have you changed your fuel filter recently because i had a similar problem when i was hitting 4K RPM the car would just die like it was hitting fuel cut and chug along but it was just a rotten/ clogged fuel filter when i changed it she was back to her self...maybe even a knackered fuel pump?? but think worth changing the fuel filter cheap and does no harm compared to taking the turbo off!!!