Fuel cut

DR PEPPER

Member +
Just quik question every time my starlet fuel cut kicks in the engine manigment comes on is this nor? Also is this because the boost is to high?

Derek

Lifer
Just quik question every time my starlet fuel cut kicks in the engine manigment comes on is this nor? Also is this because the boost is to high?

Yes this is the normal thing and very bad mate if keep on hitting it, Yup boost is to high or its creeping. What mods have you got?

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Yes its normal and yes fuel cut is caused by the boost being too high. Also by saying normal I don't mean acceptable, you should get it sorted asap as I doubt it'll be doing your engine much good.

DR PEPPER

Member +
de cat pipe , hks boost controller,relocated filter, and just little bits relly but its boosting about 13-14 psi according to the boost gauge

TomS

Lifer
There's your problem mate fuel cut is at 12 psi 0.85 bar turn the boost down below that and you'll be sorted

DR PEPPER

Member +
There's your problem mate fuel cut is at 12 psi 0.85 bar turn the boost down below that and you'll be sorted

no sure how to do it on the controller as it was fitted wen i got the car and dont wana mess around wid it lol