Fuel Filter Options

Benji91

Member +
Hey all,

Well after attempting to change my fuel filter and f***ing the bottom nut and thead (undone most of the way then went tight :(!!!!!) i was wondering of different options. I was thinking of replacing with a filter that you can clean and reuse, or maybe just fit quick release connectors.

Was wondering if anyone else has and what they did?

Thanks

Ben

dark_knight

Member +
thread direction

what direction were you turning the lower nut (when viewed from above).. clockwise or anti-clockwise..? you should have been turning it CLOCKWISE iirc since it's not reverse-threaded meaning if you were to look at it top-to-bottom then you'd actually need to turn it clockwise to be UNSCREWING it..? you follow..?

i also hope you were not using an open-ended spanner. you will most likely round the nut that way. better to use a flare nut spanner.. can't remember the nut size though.. :/

Benji91

Member +
It's my job pretty much everyday to undo bolts in akward places as I am a mechanical technician in a power station lol. It was undoing about a turn then seemed to pick up and go tight again. It's not a prob I will just cut it and re-flare the end again, just more of a pain!

Was just wondering if people have used and changed to a different option?

Cheers tho man :) and it's 14mm Spanner size I think.

dark_knight

Member +
well, if it's your daily kinda job then i'm talking to a pro so i figure you will sort it out.. :)
all the best with that.