Fuelling issue perhaps ?

1nsan3

Member +
Hi Guys and Girls

I fittted the new exhaust that i got from mak-turbo onto the car this evening and it sounds great. On the drive home from the gargae i was giving it the beans up the last section of dual carriageway near where i live, took it to 7k rpm in third and changed up to forth and kept my foot down at 5k rpm it suddenly "hiccuped" by that i mean it lost power ,the moment i let off the gas it came back on and i changed to fifth and kept on accelerating with no more problems. it then did the same again a minute later after i had gone over a roundabout and was accelerating again. could it be that my fuel pump isnt keeping up because of the new exhaust as its letting the gasses out quicker or could it be the fuel pressure limiter momentarily kicking in?? no warning lights have appeared and no odd smoke or anything from behind it, oil and water are fine and it had over 3/4 of a tank of super unleaded it btw.

Any thoughts or suggestions please ??

1nsan3

Member +
nope dont have 1 other than the standard jobbie on the dash, its got a blitz panel filter on it too so dont know if that might be adding to the problem??

Ted

Member +
exhaust has upped boost by a tad by lowering backpressure, so you now hit fuelcut. get a decent fcd and get your fuelling checked to make sure youre ok. boost guage wouldnt go amiss either.

easty-5

Member +
Sounds similar to what I get. Only in 4th or 5th gear, get a slight misfire/hiccup about 3.5k revs when foots on the floor. I put it down to a possible intercooler leak and the jubilee clips need replacing or sparks plugs need replacing. Will be interested to see anyone elses input.

dac69er

Super Moderator
fuel cut.

there is a few different forms of it. one is just a hiccup and no engine light or anything. another is a big hiccup and an engine light, the final one is an engine light but no hiccup.

1nsan3

Member +
Sounds similar to what I get. Only in 4th or 5th gear, get a slight misfire/hiccup about 3.5k revs when foots on the floor. I put it down to a possible intercooler leak and the jubilee clips need replacing or sparks plugs need replacing. Will be interested to see anyone elses input.

it could be plug related as i have 4 new shiny ones to go in that havent yet from the service. guess i shall have to buy a fcd and a boost guage then to see whats going on oh well more money to spend lol anyone got a guage and fcd they want to donate ???

easty-5

Member +
fuel cut.

there is a few different forms of it. one is just a hiccup and no engine light or anything. another is a big hiccup and an engine light, the final one is an engine light but no hiccup.

I have Emanage blue. Is it possible to not remap it correctly and not to bypass the fuelcut. Reason I ask is, I have also had the big hiccup and engine management light. That was a few months ago though and have never had it since. I am only running 0.8bar but still get the slight hiccup at times when in a higher gear at lowish (3k) revs and floor it.

I thought it was more likley to be a misfire?

1nsan3

Member +
exhaust has upped boost by a tad by lowering backpressure, so you now hit fuelcut. get a decent fcd and get your fuelling checked to make sure youre ok. boost guage wouldnt go amiss either.

I think you hit the nail on the head there mate as I took her out this morning and watched the standard boost guage when accelerating before the exhaust change it would go to the + symbol on the right but no further now it goes past it. What's my best bet to keep this under control?

WallaceGlanza

Member +
it could be plug related as i have 4 new shiny ones to go in that havent yet from the service. guess i shall have to buy a fcd and a boost guage then to see whats going on oh well more money to spend lol anyone got a guage and fcd they want to donate ???

Definately do not just buy an fcd and fit it, buy a boost gauge and do some reading about the fuel cut, its there for a reason removing it with just an fcd is just asking for trouble.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
I have Emanage blue. Is it possible to not remap it correctly and not to bypass the fuelcut. Reason I ask is, I have also had the big hiccup and engine management light. That was a few months ago though and have never had it since. I am only running 0.8bar but still get the slight hiccup at times when in a higher gear at lowish (3k) revs and floor it.

I thought it was more likley to be a misfire?
You map the E-manage Blue without bypassing the fuel cut, its very easy to sort out though if you need anything adjusting just let us know.

Enquiry@TuningDevelopments.co.uk

And regarding this thread it sounds like fuel cut due to the new exhaust system, i would advise getting a aftermarket exhaust manifold and downpipe then getting either a Piggyback ECU or a FCD and FPR and get everything setup by a professional.

If you need any advice or anything just drop us a PM or Email at Enquiry@TuningDevelopments.co.uk and we would be very happy to help!

~Nick @ Tuning Developments LTD

1nsan3

Member +
You map the E-manage Blue without bypassing the fuel cut, its very easy to sort out though if you need anything adjusting just let us know.

Enquiry@TuningDevelopments.co.uk

And regarding this thread it sounds like fuel cut due to the new exhaust system, i would advise getting a aftermarket exhaust manifold and downpipe then getting either a Piggyback ECU or a FCD and FPR and get everything setup by a professional.

If you need any advice or anything just drop us a PM or Email at Enquiry@TuningDevelopments.co.uk and we would be very happy to help!

~Nick @ Tuning Developments LTD

cheers for the info guys rep to all. Nick after looking at your site you have me interested just one small question though where in the uk are you based ?