Fuse Location?

BigMoylan

Fresh Recruit
Last night I stupidly blew a fuse measuring the size of the interior bulb.

Now my cd player, interior light and clock won't work.

Where is the fuse and what is it called?

Thanks

James

dark_knight

Member +
fuses & relays

there is a string on here that already covered that but can't find it. for your case, check the F4 fuse under the steering column here, it controls your audio system, cigar lighter, clock and airbag (where applicable)..

here's the listing of the engine bay fusebox if you are interested in having it as a record.. you can print and keep for later.. or laminate it like i did and stick it under your fusebox if it doesn't come with the layout sticker..

Last edited:

BigMoylan

Fresh Recruit
In patience got the better of me again. And I've had every fuse out and I haven't blown one :/

So it's blown somewhere in the circuit

dark_knight

Member +
fuses ok?

wait. are you saying you've checked all your fuses at both locations (under-dash & engine bay) and none are blown..? how are you checking..? visually or using a meter testing continuity..?

dark_knight

Member +
complete electrical check advised

good one. may i say, that while you're at it, just go ahead and check all fuses. i found these when i was doing an electrical audit of my car and was more than surprised. let alone pissed at the previous owner!

BigMoylan

Fresh Recruit
That won't work either. I'll try it on the comp after.

I reckon it's going to need an auto electrician on it tbh.

Cheers spacecraft

dark_knight

Member +
you may want to hold off the auto-electrician and let us (all) have another go at troubleshooting. you might be surprised to find that it's a very simple fault.. :)

BigMoylan

Fresh Recruit
Lol.

Well the fuse it should be it isn't.

The clock is visible in the pitch black with the headlights on. But any other time it looks like it's not on.

The cd player won't turn on and the interior cockpit light doesn't work either.

I need someone with electrical knowledge to have a blast on it tbh I'm a Mechanical engineer so I don't know electrics.

But I've shorted something somewhere obviously

dark_knight

Member +
current leak

alright mate. in instances like this when the obvious symptoms yield no results, it may be best to look at other areas, and like you say, your strength is in mechanics, not electronics and electricals..
the fact that your dash clock is dimly visible proli means there is a current leak..

BigMoylan

Fresh Recruit
alright mate. in instances like this when the obvious symptoms yield no results, it may be best to look at other areas, and like you say, your strength is in mechanics, not electronics and electricals..
the fact that your dash clock is dimly visible proli means there is a current leak..

I can understand that and it makes sense. My cigarette lighter still works too which is on the same fuse.

How can I see if that's the case?

dark_knight

Member +
multimeter

well, for starters, you need a multimeter. let me see if i can get electrical schematics and pix to assist you on where to start.. will revert a little later.