garett gt28rs

AdamB

Member +
Which varient are you looking at mate?
The 2860 is a very well balanced turbo providing a good spool up with a big punch, the 2871 is slightly more laggier but will make more power.
I'm going for the GTX series personally so hoping to reduce the lag a bit more :)

they do an R and an RS basically the same thing but the S comes with a High boost compressor wheel arrangement but still has the same Inducer and Exducer on the compressor itself.

Tim :)

elton

Member +
how bout going for a borg warner EFR 6258?

Spools faster due to Titanium Aluminide turbine wheel, holds boost longer, and gives better power :).

i tired the Borg on the 3sgte's i build and found there isn't much in it as far as spool goes, but garrett has a much better build quality. also if there was a failure you can buy the CHRA from garrett instead of borg you have to rebuy the whole turbo which is about double the price of a CHRA.

also don't worry to much about compressor .ar the size of the compressor housing as long as its not to small makes very little difference to how it performs.

normally i go for the largest option just for a wow factor in the engine bay, space dependant

elton

Member +
i tired the Borg on the 3sgte's i build and found there isn't much in it as far as spool goes, but garrett has a much better build quality. also if there was a failure you can buy the CHRA from garrett instead of borg you have to rebuy the whole turbo which is about double the price of a CHRA.

which turbine was it?

ryan-11

Member +
im running a gt28rs, not on the road yet tho lol, i think you would be looking at about 300ish at 1.6 bar

Fro

Member +
Iirc, Mark@CMB built Peters 5e with a top mounted gt28 and im sure it made something like 250wp@.8 bar while it was being run in? Think it had some headwork and cruise cams though. Maybe if one of them see it they could correct me if im wrong!

ryan-11

Member +
Yeah Adam thats on a 4e, hmm... im no sure, could well be closer to 350, i guess ill find out soon, tbh im not too bothered how much power it makes just aslong as it goes good.

ryan-11

Member +
Iirc, Mark@CMB built Peters 5e with a top mounted gt28 and im sure it made something like 250wp@.8 bar while it was being run in? Think it had some headwork and cruise cams though. Maybe if one of them see it they could correct me if im wrong!

what size gt28 was that Fro? thats good power for .8 bar

AdamB

Member +
Yeah Adam thats on a 4e, hmm... im no sure, could well be closer to 350, i guess ill find out soon, tbh im not too bothered how much power it makes just aslong as it goes good.

Ay mate it's all about how it goes. I done a quick search and found that somesaid at 1.6 bar 380bhp is achievable on a 5e.

Last edited: