gearbox differences

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I'm fairly sure its a direct bolt on. I'd be more interested if they both where of the same strength, we all know the rods between the 2 models are quite different in strength qualities.

Ted

Member +
ratios are long enough standard, trd optional gearset for racing is actually much shorter

Fatman

Member +
It runs out of puff at 125-130.

What's the G6R box like?

It runs out of revs at 130? If so, that's not a standard box.

C160's are made of glass. Even standard 4age's can blow their guts out. People routinely swap back to a C56 in the AE111 Levin/Trueno's around here.

Ted

Member +
put it like this, my 4wd will do 125 maybe a bit more flat out and my gearing is WAY shorter than a gt.

Sigma

Member +
And that 130 is gauge speed, I would imagine it to be over that due to the clocks always reading over.

Fatman

Member +
will the rear engine mount bracket of a glanza bolt on to the body of a gt?? nd onto the glanza box??

Yes. Just did it in fact. All of the mounts are interchangeable between EP82 and EP91, C52 and C56. The only exception is the LSD variant of the C52 and C56, these have a very different rear mount to accommodate for the viscous LSD sticking out the side.

SeanGTturbo

Member +
Yes. Just did it in fact. All of the mounts are interchangeable between EP82 and EP91, C52 and C56. The only exception is the LSD variant of the C52 and C56, these have a very different rear mount to accommodate for the viscous LSD sticking out the side.

so if i get a rear moubt of a glanza it will fit straight on the lsd box??