Gearbox/driveshaft/LSD scraping noise

SooperD

Member +
Hi all.. Ive had a noise for a while now and have been putting it off as ive not had the cash or time to get anyting sorted.

Today was the final straw.. The noise is now a lot worse than before.. More so when im in gear but rolling with the engine (foot off the accelerator). Its like a metal scraping noise. When i accelerate the noise is slight grinding and when i push the accelerator down just a little (too keep a constant speed) the noise is almost gone completely. If i depress the clutch but keep in gear there is a very quiet noise but hardly anything.

I also noticed i have an engine mount gone so will be getting that replaced ASAP but i first need to know what exactly is wrong.. If its my Diff as i have thought previously i need a new gearbox and also a non lsd engine mount. Could it be the driveshaft bearing or clutch ?

Just looking for any ideas on what exactly it could be as i will have to pay to get the gearbox removed to have it investigated so id rather pay only once if it is the gearbox that has gone..

Appreciate any help you guys can give about it.. Seriously considering selling it as gearboxes on ebay people want £350 and i dont even know if they are any good..

Thanks.