Gearbox or Clutch fail

craigant

Member +
My gearbox bearings have been going for a while and last night after being parked up i started the car, set off in first and it just popped out of first. Then when i try and put it in any gear it goes in even without the clutch in but nothing happens its just the same as neutral but make horrible metal clanging noises.

Do you think its my clutch or box?

Mark-ep91

Member +
sounds like the same thing that happened me but i was driving down the road lost gears and could enter everygear with no clutch and nothing would happen and had grinding coming from the box, i took off the gearbox to see the damage and the springs in the clutch were after coming out and the clutch plate itself was in bout 6 pieces!

the clutch was exedy organic and had been fine running 1 bar ct9 went when i was running 1 bar on ct9 hybrid

craigant

Member +
sounds like the same thing that happened me but i was driving down the road lost gears and could enter everygear with no clutch and nothing would happen and had grinding coming from the box, i took off the gearbox to see the damage and the springs in the clutch were after coming out and the clutch plate itself was in bout 6 pieces!

the clutch was exedy organic and had been fine running 1 bar ct9 went when i was running 1 bar on ct9 hybrid

cheers for the reply not what i wanted to hear though, my clutch is a spec 6puk paddle only had it fitted in january and the car hasnt really been driven hard at all so shouldnt be that.

craigant

Member +
When i rev it when its in gear the speedo goes up. So would this not mean its the gearbox that gone as the clutch is still spinning the gears?