Gearbox Rebuilds

We offer full gearbox builds on all Toyota Models, We can do everything from simple seal or sychromech replacements to complete ground up overhauls. Also fully capable of fitting custom gear sets or internals that the customers provide.

Prices start at £120.00 for stripdown and inspection,
then any parts needed will be discussed with the customer before proceeding. Drive in Drive out packages also available.

All gearboxes are returned in a cleaned, painted and all steel bracketing Powder-coated Black, Pictures below are examples of what we have done in the past.

Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
st205gt43.jpg

st205gt44.jpg

st205gt42.jpg

Toyota Mr2 Turbo

mr2.jpg

Toyota Glanza, 4E-FTE LSD Gearbox
DSCN3358.jpg

DSCN3357.jpg

DSCN3374.jpg

well prices start at £120 for the clean and inspection. that's with the box sitting on the table, to drop it out the car is obviously a little extra.

but for an example the LSD box you see above if from my own car, that was bought from a forum member as "perfect" i thought I'll have a look inside just in case and found it to be a mess. If this was a customer it worked out to be around £400-450 for the total rebuild but it was completely stripped, rebuilt with all new schyros, 2nd 3rd 4th gear engagement hubs, 2nd gear cog chewed up, all new bearings, and seals.

So there wasn't alot left to replace lol, but it now shifts like butter and has lasted about 40,000miles of very hard driving, i could do with redoing #3 again as i'm getting a slight occasional crunch on very cold weather so want to swap it out before it chews up the engagement hub again.

But like I said this is from very hard driving, fast shifting so lasted longer than the original box did lol.

Tim

rosso321

Member +
Wish I won some money send over my car engine rebuild and gearbox :-(

Welcome reading previous post great work.

dark_knight

Member +
i'm curious what paint you use on the boxes and engines.. it's just awesome.. and looks like it takes the heat well too..?

well the gearbox doesn't really get that hot anyway so doesn't need to be anything special as far as the paint goes. But when its all stripped the cases are steam cleaned in a bath before its rebuilt so before painting its perfectly clean of oil to give it a good key. Mask off the new seals and just the Hamerite heavy duty silver paint. Its designed to go straight onto metal so works well.

The painting and the powdercoated brackets isn't something i charge for i just think it looks much nicer when the customer collects there recon gearboxs :)

Attention is all in the details :)

dark_knight

Member +
i'm planning to candy coat my block so will be looking at thoroughly cleaning it with all manner of solvents and give it a hot water/steam bath then sun-drying it off for a day or two. i don't plan to use primer then paint. i'm guessing cast iron gives a good-enough surface to grab on to..?

well candy paint in its nature is a 3 step process. i've not seen any that will take the heat without discolouring. The silver i used on the gearbox again isn't high temp but the gearbox doesn't get anywhere near the temps the block does. Also the hammerite is an industrial paint anyway

Tim

dark_knight

Member +
i noticed you painted your box completely including the housing bolts.. so i'm guessing paint was the last process. i often like to strip, clean, paint then reassemble..

tim these look great as with all the work you have posted so far, ive no problems with mine as of yet :) but ill keep this in mind great service to offer and great prices the fact you go to painting them also really makes a difference and like you said attention to detail :) you have a pm about another service you offer :p

yeah there painted after all the internal work is done. its just a final stage along with shot-blasting and powder-coating black the brackets on the box.