Glanza Full Boost Question

Deano

Banned
Whats the rpm that full boost for a Glanza comes on as when I put my foot down the 3rd turbo light sometimes doesn't come on till about 4000-4500 rpm which is weird I don't think it used to do it before I have bypassed the boost restrictor and I am running 8 psi it creeps to 10 psi sometimes doesn't feel as fast anymore is there something wrong with my car? It starts off at 6 psi then goes to 8 psi then creeps up to 10 psi :confused:

Any help would be appreciated

Dean.

shaddow

Member +
You may have just got use to the increase in power.
I remember when I thought my 340 bhp evo was slow after I had her for 3 months lol!
By the sounds of it there is nothing to worry about.

Deano

Banned
Looks like I need to fit manifold and turbosmart external wastegate and turn up the boost ;) :rockon:

shaddow

Member +
is your car standard at the min?
A mani is a great upgrade abd a bit of a must if your turning the boost up.
Do u have a decat?
I wouldnt of thought you need a external wastegate as yet but I may be wrong.

Deano

Banned
Atm engine wise I got a custom made catback exhaust, apexi filter, rx7 tmic and an hks actuator set to stock boost levels as on 12 psi without the external wastegate I get serious boost creep after that manifold and external and new brake pads are fitted i'm going to get one of Danes decats I have a boost tee not connected atm lol

Adam_Glanza

Member +
he drives an auto shadow, so its alot different to the manuals.

for some reason the auto's seem to boost creep alot between gear changes, which an external gate seems to help alot.

Deano

Banned
I think it creeps because unlike manuals there is no boost loss between gear changes sometimes it creeps up to 13 psi and it hits fuel cut :(

Kelly

Member +
I think it creeps because unlike manuals there is no boost loss between gear changes sometimes it creeps up to 13 psi and it hits fuel cut :(

Wind your actuator down to compensate for the boost creep on the gear change. I had mine wound down to 7/8psi and it creeped to 12psi on the change. Better than having the car fuel cutting.

I have external wastegate setup now and it stil creeps ever so slightly running 0.70bar and it creeps to 0.75bar on the gear change. But better than before and its manageable.

Deano

Banned
Yeah wound it all the way back it used to hit fuel cut when I was running 12 psi but not anymore I hate 8 psi it's so slow lol