Glanza in need of your help! (DE-CAT/MANIFOLD)

jodielocks

Member +
I need a de-cat for my glanza what one should i go for and could it cause any problems ive got a custom exhaust on it atm sounds nice but so many people have said ill benefit from a de-cat. Plus i have a crack in the 3rd port of my exhaust manifold is it worth upgarding the manifold without upgrading the turbo its a standard ct9 but could be persuaded to a td04/5 or ct9 hybrid what do you recon guys any help would be appreciated cheeRS!!!

Beaker

Member +
Dont worry too much about changing the turbo just yet. Get a manifold and decat (NOT the cheap shit stainless ones off ebay - have a search around on here for good ones) then run the car just below fuel cut and you will notice a very nice bit of extra power and torque.

Gryzor

Admin
Once you add a decat and aftermarket manifold there's a good chance you'll see 0.85+ of boost which will cause fuel cut.

To sort this out you'll need to monitor and control your boost to keep it below .85. There are numerous configuration to do this but currently I'd recommend a HKS adjustable actuator and Blitz electronic boost controller.

If your looking to boosting above .85 bar Fuel Cut Defenders are the cheapest way, preferably a JAM one.

Of course with any engine modifications get the air fuel ratio (AFR) checked. ;)

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD