Glanza loom & Ecu paired to GT Engine

aubreygil

Member +
I've located an engine.. still in the car as my glanza engine is not optional to be saved..
The engine is in a GT ..
I want to use my glanza loom and ECU..
Will this work swapping the sensors etc from the glanza over to GT as needed?
What ones will need swapping?
There's light at the end of the tunnel after all

daniel_g

Member +
Yeah easy, just use the thermostat housing from the Glanza and the knock sensor might have a different plug depending on how old the GT is.

Engine ancillaries such as starter motor and alternator can have different plugs but if you have Glanza ones already that shouldn't be a problem.

aubreygil

Member +
Yeah easy, just use the thermostat housing from the Glanza and the knock sensor might have a different plug depending on how old the GT is.

Engine ancillaries such as starter motor and alternator can have different plugs but if you have Glanza ones already that shouldn't be a problem.
Nice one Daniel, project G6 Turbo gets the green light again

Fricky

Member +
Nice one Daniel, project G6 Turbo gets the green light again
Hi, is there any chance that you know or can follow where the wire for the fan temperature switch goes on the glanza loom?
I am trying to rewire in the switch as I got mine without the wire (the fan is wired directly) and cannot seem to trace it at all.

aubreygil

Member +
Hi, is there any chance that you know or can follow where the wire for the fan temperature switch goes on the glanza loom?
I am trying to rewire in the switch as I got mine without the wire (the fan is wired directly) and cannot seem to trace it at all.
I'll ask my mate he has it in the garage