Glanza tuning companies..

endlesstimes

Member +
Hi all,

What website/companies do you guys recommend for buying. Tuning bits for glanzas? & same question for actual engine tuning places (that's if they don't do both!).

Thanks,
Dom

96v

Member +
tuning developments can seem to get there hands on pretty much anything, but there are a few out there - fensport, east coast customs and so on

endlesstimes

Member +
tuning developments can seem to get there hands on pretty much anything, but there are a few out there - fensport, east coast customs and so on

Thanks for that. I'm just trying to do some research before I buy my first glanza as I want to know what work needs to be done to achieve 190/200bhp from standard on ct9 turbo.. Probs better off getting one that's 190/200bhp then spend money on from there :p

96v

Member +
i think you'l be hard pushed to get that from the standard ct9 mate, if you want my advice, buy a stanard one and modify to how you want :) plus you never know how hard a modded one has been driven ;)

AdamB

Member +
Check out the traders on here, they do some very nice pieces of kit ;)
As said you would be hard push to get 190bhp from a stock ct9, a hybrid will get you there, but its cheaper to go td04 ;)

Paul_JJ

Member +
Camskill.co.uk for some parts

Ask on the forum for any advise. If you need good mechanics or engine builder PM me I can provide the details. It's hard to get a decent example these days, best bet would be to get someone who knows these cars well and. Buy with him! Or get of trusted members on the forum!

endlesstimes

Member +
Check out the traders on here, they do some very nice pieces of kit ;)
As said you would be hard push to get 190bhp from a stock ct9, a hybrid will get you there, but its cheaper to go td04 ;)

So with a hybrid or td04 that should see 190/200bhp? Would a td04 turbo bolt straight in? What else would be needed, I don't know if internals need strengthening etc, new to these cars please bare with me :p thanks!

96v

Member +
Td04 would take more work but if your looking for big boost in the long run, it would be cheaper if you went for that straight away!
Involves sorting the fuelling, a different mani and down pipe plus a electronic boost contoller to keep the boost at reasonable levels, don't want your engine going BOOM if you running big boost on standard internals ;)

endlesstimes

Member +
Td04 would take more work but if your looking for big boost in the long run, it would be cheaper if you went for that straight away!
Involves sorting the fuelling, a different mani and down pipe plus a electronic boost contoller to keep the boost at reasonable levels, don't want your engine going BOOM if you running big boost on standard internals ;)

Thanks for the response mate. How much roughly would all that cost if I went to a tuner? What power would that bring a glanza upto? Cheers,

AdamB

Member +
You can rum as much boost as you want aslong as it's mapped correctly. Although most tuners of these engines will say that they won't push beyond 1.1-1.2 bar on a td04 for reliability reasons. You could run 1.4 bar if you wanted but how long lasts is pot luck.
Check out traders like wepr and zisco, they do the turbo kits complete ;) other than the kit you will need:
fuel pump, rrfpr, ignition leads, plugs, fcd or some management like emanage.
It's worth getting the handling and braking upto scratch as well before going crazy on the power. Also get a compression test done and do a full service before any tuning so you know where the state of it is at :)

Murray

Member +
Thanks for the response mate. How much roughly would all that cost if I went to a tuner? What power would that bring a glanza upto? Cheers,

Start searching the forum. All of your questions have been answered before. Also have a look through the traders section.

Murray

endlesstimes

Member +
You can rum as much boost as you want aslong as it's mapped correctly. Although most tuners of these engines will say that they won't push beyond 1.1-1.2 bar on a td04 for reliability reasons. You could run 1.4 bar if you wanted but how long lasts is pot luck.
Check out traders like wepr and zisco, they do the turbo kits complete ;) other than the kit you will need:
fuel pump, rrfpr, ignition leads, plugs, fcd or some management like emanage.
It's worth getting the handling and braking upto scratch as well before going crazy on the power. Also get a compression test done and do a full service before any tuning so you know where the state of it is at :)

Nice one mate - I'll have a look into it, as you say best to get full service and handling sorted first..