Glanza wont start when its warm :s

skevosEP91

Member +
Hello guys !!!

Once again i need your help but this time its not for my car...
I have a friend who has a forged 5e Glanza and we have the following problem...
When the car is cold it starts perfectly but if the car get to the proper temperature it wont start until we leave the car to cool down and try again....
Also although the car dont start if it's warm when we push it and let the clutch pedal it start just fine showing that its electrical the problem....:confused:
Does anybody have an idea what is causing this problem or did anyone had the same problem before?????
Also the car is tuned with an S-afc 2 and also the compression is perfect the engine has only 7000k ...

Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated...:)

skevosEP91

Member +
Yes the car turn ok... Another thing i forgot to mention before...
The car has very large injectors... I think they are 800cc ...
Maybe is this the reason???

dac69er

Super Moderator
i dont think that would help at all. if you had a stand alone you could probably tune it out.
can you not fit the standard injectors to prove a point?

fit the injectors, start the car and warm it up. turn it off and then try and start it once warm and see what happens

vtecklr

Fresh Recruit
i have a 5efte as well and it was doing the same thing.turns out to be head gasket.change gasket and problem fix.

Rev

Member +
Try taking the plug off the inlet air temp sensor and see if it starts when hot. If it starts may be the ecu is reducing the injector opening time too low for the injectors to handle when the sensor is plugged in. Those Injectors do seem big for a safc2 as Stock injectors will be 275cc at base pressure .

Last edited: