godzilla or race-tech 300

string gt

Member +
on a forged 4e which would be best. want a rough 300. was also thinking of wepr hybrid td04. but then should i just go for race-tech td04 and save a few bob.

any thoughts thanks

sam_glanz

Member +
For 300 on a 4e, Godzilla would be to big, there's smaller turbos out therewith out the lag that would see you over 300, well set up tdo5 would punch that, just my 2p

sanchez

Member +
yeah as above the godzilla and raceteck 300 kit will be too laggy on a forged 4e imo.
Go for a td04 setup or similar

string gt

Member +
is it majorly laggy though? i know theres things to do to get round it. i just didn't wanna go td04 and think sugar i should have gone td05. or will 270-280 be more than enough to keep most cars in check :)

Mark-ep91

Member +
is it majorly laggy though? i know theres things to do to get round it. i just didn't wanna go td04 and think sugar i should have gone td05. or will 270-280 be more than enough to keep most cars in check :)

what setup have you now?
and what cars are you aiming at beating?

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
my td04 keeps up with a host of big name cars mate.
its more about extra power, but with a hell of better traction tho.
s handling mods coupled with td04 is a good set up.
on my standard lsd i get full grip in 2nd with road tyres, on track i had no problem with r888s.

and a td04 is good all round, jus my 2p.

string gt

Member +
i'm running gt spec hybrid so only 200ish ponies. should have forged engine in and running by end of season. so wanted a powerful turbo kit to bolt on. so td04 is better than td05? as most people have said go 04. also i'm sure rickys 300 kit would be similar to td04. would it be best going 04 and then going 05 in future if i get bored?

gt28r is the same as the godzilla kit and will give you far more than 300bhp with the right supporting mods, get one of daves ball bearing td05 turbo kits and that will see you to 300bhp

danturbo4311

Member +
You could get a godzilla kit to spool good on a 4e if your prepared to spend money on uprated intake manifold, headwork, cams, raise the revs to get the most out of it, maybe some nos to help to. But if your coming from a hybrid ct9 to that sort of set up you probably aren't gonna like it as it will take a while to spool up, so maybe td04 would be better & if you decide you want more power you can just get a td05. You need to decide what your gonna use the car for, & whether you want to sacrifice response for more power & how much money you wanna spend in the long run. Im running a gt28rs & it works well on a 4e, I think this turbo is probably best of both worlds, can produce over 300hp & the lag isnt bad at all on standard head etc, but its more expensive than a td04 or 05.

string gt

Member +
i thought the godzilla kit wepr sold was a replacemnet to there old gt28r setup. so td05 will be better then td04 or rickylee 300 kit? safe

its gives better power but takes longer to spool up, not alot though. with tmdevlopments td05 bb turbo kit it will probibly spool up even quicker and give you 300bhp.

its up to you, sacrifice a bit of response for a bit more power(td05)
or sacrifice power for more responce (td04)
or Godzilla kit OMG power for a bit of lag

string gt

Member +
not gonna gtrack car so biased towards 1/4 mile n private road racing. looking for 300ish break to beat off most cars. but a td04 could produce bout 270 280 and is responsive so will that be best option. was tempted by ricklee 300 kit cos its similar spool to td04 but with alot more top end. cheers