GT Detailed

stuart

Member +
Car is getting detailed as we speak, guys have been here since 9am - still only done half the boot and the rear quaters. The difference is unreal!!

No swirls on the section of the boot and quaters, its really obvious the panels that haven't been done to the 3 that have.

Drivers side is really bad, wing, door - they haven't started it yet but looking at the rest, they explained they had hoped to get around 75-80% of the swirls out (as its 17 year old car) but now they said it could be up to 95% as some of them are not as deep as others!

Will post some high res pictures up when they have finished, good set of lads, can't fault them...talking me through what they are using, what they are doing, how they are doing it etc, giving some helpfull tips whilst doing a cracking job!

on a bad note, they have also told me that part of the boot has been resprayed....but not to a high standard :(

EP82

Member +
Would be interested to see the results! What kind of £££ does this cost to have done?

rb69

Member +
should look gorgeous whn it's done mate. I remember seeing an Astra VXR that some guy had done, he spent loads but it looked amazing. Bet some bird shat on it a few minutes later tho! :p

stuart

Member +
www.thecarwashguys.co.uk

Swirl removal starts at £90 i think, not sure, but i tell you sometimes already its bloody worth it.

They aren't going into serious depth and using a computer to colour match the paint, but already its looking much better!

lol just by doing my car, my old man has been and asked them for gold package on his bmw, and also the lady next door to me has asked to be booked in too!

Keep trying to sneak into the van to look at the products like

stuart

Member +
should look gorgeous whn it's done mate. I remember seeing an Astra VXR that some guy had done, he spent loads but it looked amazing. Bet some bird shat on it a few minutes later tho! :p

Yeah he has been telling me about a guy who details cars, his prices start at £7000 for a detailing session, he is stupidly good though by all accounts...apparently from what the lads ahve been telling me, people pay him to fly abroad to detail the cars...

I'll get his name, Rob Dalton or something I think...

stuart

Member +
The guys have just left now.... 7 hours.

Cannot fault them in all honesty, talked me through everything, even slapped a coat of wax onto the car, that should seal it, already booked them in to come and detail the car again.

Pre-wash, wash, rinse, chamois dried, de-swirled, pre-wash, wash, rinse, chomois dried, hand polished, waxed.

I don't think the pictures really do it justice, as the sun isn't shining too bright and you can't really see the swirls from previous pictures (although I think you could see them quite badly last time I was at a meet??)

Lack of sunlight do not do the pictures any justice...please note the front / rear bumper did not recieve any swirl treatment, as requested by me.

Pictures (high res):

P9030015.jpg

P9030019.jpg

P9030018.jpg

Couple more to follow

Last edited:

tosa2tosa

Member +
very tasty mate
how often is it supposed to be done?
mine was detailed just befor i bought it....looks awesome!

stuart

Member +
They said I have 3 months before the seal of the wax starts to go, but will be cleaning it each weekend as per usual, give it maybe a month and half and I'll have them back again, machine polish :)

thefalls

Member +
Anyone knows how to use those machine polish?I found some for sale ...the hanheld ones that are rechargeable [from china,lolz!]

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Looks mint stuart, bet your well happy with it? and i wouldnt buy any cheap machine polishers as there rubish and fail to break the polish's down, mine cost me around £150...

Also stu anyidea what wax they used on the car? along with which polishs and whatever else?

Cheers

stuart

Member +
Only saw the wax they used P21s Carnauba wax, and they used 3 different polishs', i couldn't see the bottles they were using, but they only used the tinest amounts, also before applying the polish they went over it with a meguars quick detail spray?? pink stuff that smelt like coconut.

I'm happy with it yeah, but there hasn't been any real good sunlight on the car since this morning whilst they were removing the swirls, they were using a blue light gun on each section after using the machine polishers to see if the swirls had been removed.

Idrees

Banned
Looks awesome mate, I need mine doing too seen as though its just been resprayed hmm

Will get in contact with them guys once all my cars bodywork is done ;)

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Only saw the wax they used P21s Carnauba wax, and they used 3 different polishs', i couldn't see the bottles they were using, but they only used the tinest amounts, also before applying the polish they went over it with a meguars quick detail spray?? pink stuff that smelt like coconut.

I'm happy with it yeah, but there hasn't been any real good sunlight on the car since this morning whilst they were removing the swirls, they were using a blue light gun on each section after using the machine polishers to see if the swirls had been removed.
Yea P21's is a decent wax but from what ive read it doesnt last as long as 3months, id say up to 2months probably but tbh it isnt that expensive to buy yourself mate if you wanted to top it up when you feel it running out, cheaper than paying for them to come out again (as long as you dont swirl the car up :p) and that pink stuff will be Meg's Last Touch quick detailer, it just cleans the paint ready for the polish stage :rockon: