gt insurance problem

Penney16

Member +
just got my 1st gt and finding it hard to insure :mad:
im from ireland and im 20 with full licence
can anybody recomend me anywhere that might insure me please

wesgt

Lifer
well then just transfer your policy, its against the law to refuse a transfer once you have bought the car

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
I have been with quinn direct for years now and they insured me no problem with GT & Prelude. They will prob be your only hope down south. I'm from Dublin but live up north now and find it far cheaper and better to insure my cars.

Penney16

Member +
I have been with quinn direct for years now and they insured me no problem with GT & Prelude. They will prob be your only hope down south. I'm from Dublin but live up north now and find it far cheaper and better to insure my cars.

im with axa and they sed i have to be 25 i asked the twice
and quinn sed i hav to be 21

wesgt

Lifer
im with axa and they sed i have to be 25 i asked the twice
and quinn sed i hav to be 21

if you get refused by three insurance companies, one of them has to insure you, its the law! ring three random companies tomorrow and when they refuse ask for it in writing, when you receive the refusals, ring one back, tell them you have three refusals in writing, and they have to insure you. sounds like bother but it works

Penney16

Member +
if you get refused by three insurance companies, one of them has to insure you, its the law! ring three random companies tomorrow and when they refuse ask for it in writing, when you receive the refusals, ring one back, tell them you have three refusals in writing, and they have to insure you. sounds like bother but it works

iv rang about 6 today
ill ring axa tomorow and tell them
see what happens
thanks for the help lads

gtr-r33

Member +
Elephant mate try them,

Im 19 with 2 years ncb they quoted me £798.98 fully comp with £250 excess and my old man and mother on my insurance policy

scot-ish

Member +
well then just transfer your policy, its against the law to refuse a transfer once you have bought the car

is this in ireland? or anywhere, i bought my gt, then phoned my company up to insure me, and they said they dont cover my car, so i was stuck 300 mile away, with no insurance, and had to pay insurance to get my car home.

i doubt anyone in ireland on this site declares there mods:rolleyes:
but ya i was in the same position as you when i was 20 quinn direct said they cant till im 21 so i said can i talk to your superiors and they got a manager and i told him i have the car bought and i need it for work and he gave me a quote:rockon:

Penney16

Member +
i doubt anyone in ireland on this site declares there mods:rolleyes:
but ya i was in the same position as you when i was 20 quinn direct said they cant till im 21 so i said can i talk to your superiors and they got a manager and i told him i have the car bought and i need it for work and he gave me a quote:rockon:

how much did they quote you for in the end?