Gt turbo for an Accord typeR 220bhp version????

Tony Harrison

Member +
Hello. Right as the title say really, would it be worth it not selling up or swapping my Starlet for an Accord 220bhp version with around 100 on clock?

Im running a good 192bhp @1.2bar (proven) with all the mods to back this up,

JAM mani,
BuddyClub exhaust
decat
HKS actuator
NGK leads
plugs
FMIC
ECU
Its stripped, cusco caged, bride bucket seated etc.
The engine is solid at about 88k cos its looked after also.

So if i went ahead and swapped would i be dissapointed or not based of other peoples ACTUAL experiences in an accord typeR?

Thing is i fancy something else to fettle with and im not big chasing power otherwise id go down a forged set up with this.

Thanks for ya time.

thefalls

Member +
Do you mean this car?

http://honda-type-r.com/accord-euro-r.html

So gutted i typed such nice post,but got lost when i lost connection.

Anyways,let me start again.

This Honda Accord is known as the Euro R,only made for the jap market.

I have a few friends who have this car and having driven a stock and modded ones,i can safely say that they are awesome cars.

But it all depends what you are looking for?

It makes a good daily drive with the occasional spirited drive. Pulls well when vtec kicks in and redline is 8500rpm.
I would love to get one for a daily drive,it handles well,way better than the starlet.

But with spring,shock combo and some underbody braces i guess they would be better. IMO coilovers make these cars too harsh and it hops on uneven surface [ maybe coilovers were too stiff in the car i drove ].

It comes with lsd and 6 speed gearbox and the gear change felt short shifted. But way better than our 4efte gearbox,it was very smooth shifting.

Stock recaro buckets grip you well in corners.

If it was me then i would keep the gt for track and have the Accord for everyday driving.