GT2871R tail housing swap

rwdrev

Member +
just bought the above turbo that has come with a iwg tail housing, but wanting to change this to ewg and just have the 4 bolt housing for the down pipe. Can anyone reccomend me a good quality housing? not sure on the size yet, il have to go have a look .

AdamB

Member +
Do you have a manifold made up yet? As that will ultimately dictate what housing you should go for.

If not you have quite a few options but that will depend on your hp target. You would be better off either with a .48 or .63/.64 housing. The .48 will offer faster spool up but will choke the turbo at high flow. Although if going to be run on a 4E the .48 will be the better choice since its a small motor.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-HSG-064&Category_Code=GTH

Or go for a V-band housing :)

rwdrev

Member +
i do, but its needing repaired or a fresh 1. forgot to mention its going on forged 5e, with flat tops and 1.9 h/g, standard head/ cams. not really looking for a figure, just puttin on a heap of stuff and see what i get. :D

AdamB

Member +
The 63/64 housing will work out nice on a 5E, thats what I've gone for on my Custom GT28. I've gone for the Tial V-band housing.
If you haven't got a manifold setup as of yet then you can choose whatever you want really.