gt4 info

EP824U

Member +
Im curious about a gt4. I am intending to get a 200sx when I am 21 and the compo has come through. I think sky will do me insurance for about a grand on a 200 as they quoted me 1500 atm. I will have 3 years no claims when 21 as apposed to the 2 I have now.
Anyway, this is the best place to get honest opinions so fire away please.
What do you think of the gt4?
Whats the petrol consumption like (200 and gt4 both 2lt so is there much difference)?
Is the insurance group much higher than a 200sx?
Am I dreaming thinking I will get insured on one lol?
Do the gt4 owners on here love their cars?
What price am I looking at for a clean 1? (believe about 5k)
Im considering the gt4 due to it not being prone to rust, 4wd, and the quality toyota build and engineering that we all love :rockon:
Thanks guys! :)

Matchew

Member +
Figure of 8's are the main thing to go and just general turbo car stuff mpg is around 25ish nice cars not that quick stock though but insurance is really cheap on um get a quote you'll be suprised

Sean_GT

Member +
I found Insurance to be cheaper on the GT4 than the 200sx.

Both are 2 litre Turbo so neither is that great in Fuel.

I also do not think the GT4's performance is anything to special in standard form either.

I have not owned an S14, but Currently own an S13 with a few tweeks and that is bloody quick but very firsty on fuel:(

Matchew

Member +
Really my 200 was awesome on fuel and that was 380bhp got 27 mpg and more on a run:)

Yeah a gt4 isnt that quick stock but 300-320bhp is easily achieveable safely then it will shift:rockon:

EP824U

Member +
thanks you 2, v helpful. so sky would prob insure me when Im 21 for not much more than a k i guess. I can live with 20-25mpg, just not with low teens lol. i get about 25-32 out of my daily 1.8t passat and im sure its better on fuel than the starlet was. Think I may have been running rich lol!
Are imports alot more? Im sure I read uk models are available but as siggy sez I love jdm lol.
I did really want a 200 but love the 4wd cornering in my bro's scoob. I dint think I would be able to get a 2lt 4wd when im 21 without insurance killing me!?!

sanchez

Member +
As said mate, insurence for every person is different as depends where you live etc but you do have 3 years no claims which is good.

I remember looking into it before i got my starlet and the insurence wasnt actually that bad, i really like the gt4s but was put off by such a big car with such big running costs as its a 2litre 4wd turbo.

Thought i would get a fun car first as they are easier to maintain imo, my mates have had scoobys, pulsar gtirs etc and they would spend a fortune maintaining them while im spending pennys on my little GT lol

Also you have to make sure that the figure 8s and rear diff mounts have been changed as if they aint and they do go, it gets quite expensive.

bullet

Member +
one of my mates has got a mint gt4 thats nearly 400 bhp on a new stock engine and that is REALLY quick. As sais fig 8 are common to fail but its a toyota so its gonna b relaible.

Sean_GT

Member +
Really my 200 was awesome on fuel and that was 380bhp got 27 mpg and more on a run:)

Yeah a gt4 isnt that quick stock but 300-320bhp is easily achieveable safely then it will shift:rockon:

27mpg:eek: I worked out mine is doing about 24MPG and thats driving like a grandad:p

Ye it does not take much to get them up to that power, my friend did this to his and it shifted!

EP824U

Member +
As said mate, insurence for every person is different as depends where you live etc but you do have 3 years no claims which is good.

I remember looking into it before i got my starlet and the insurence wasnt actually that bad, i really like the gt4s but was put off by such a big car with such big running costs as its a 2litre 4wd turbo.

Thought i would get a fun car first as they are easier to maintain imo, my mates have had scoobys, pulsar gtirs etc and they would spend a fortune maintaining them while im spending pennys on my little GT lol

Also you have to make sure that the figure 8s and rear diff mounts have been changed as if they aint and they do go, it gets quite expensive.

bell jsut gave me a bullshit quote. changed my name and put myself as a year older. 1400 for 200sx, 1700 for gt4. will definitely be doing it through sky. I dont have points but was banned for 28 days (SP30) which puts it up a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to insure a car I want whne Im 21.

Ive had 2 starlets and love them, but just want a big car, especially after owning the passat lol. I was abit too tall for the starbo. Due to owning starlets though I thought it would be a good idea to look into the gt4 as toyota.

Sean_GT

Member +
bell jsut gave me a bullshit quote. changed my name and put myself as a year older. 1400 for 200sx, 1700 for gt4. will definitely be doing it through sky. I dont have points but was banned for 28 days (SP30) which puts it up a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to insure a car I want whne Im 21.

Ive had 2 starlets and love them, but just want a big car, especially after owning the passat lol. I was abit too tall for the starbo. Due to owning starlets though I thought it would be a good idea to look into the gt4 as toyota.

My friend was insured with sky for a fair bit under 1k at 21 and he had points and claims:)

EP824U

Member +
kooool ;) mate bell are gay. I put my own car in and it wasnt any cheaper when Id have a years extra no claims and be 21. He got insured for under a grand at 21 with claims! :eek: