hand brake cable.. easy to change or ??

Hi..

as above are hand brake cables easy to change on a 82 ?

i need to change my right hand side rear 1 asap..

could this be done on a jack the car up job? or will it have to be on a ramp job ?

Thanks in advance! :)

Rob H

Member +
It would be best to do it on a ramp as the cables run above the exhaust behind a heat shield you can get the heat shield off with out removing the exhaust tho. But all in all there not bad to do but I would the both of them at the same time and even the short cable from the lever to the spliter under the car

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Piece of piss to change, i done both of mine with in an hour on my drive...

Would be easyer on ramp's but you can do this on ya drive, i jacked mine up high as i could an safe on axle stand's then jus slip myself under with a hand full of spanner's....

dac69er

Super Moderator
It would be best to do it on a ramp as the cables run above the exhaust behind a heat shield you can get the heat shield off with out removing the exhaust tho. But all in all there not bad to do but I would the both of them at the same time and even the short cable from the lever to the spliter under the car

ep82s dont have the headshields so its fairly easy. if you have a massive bore exhaust you may need to drop it down to make access easier, but other than that its pretty simple.

my girlfriends uk ep91 had the headshields. put more off changing the cables.

Fro

Member +
Massive piece of piss! I know that because even i managed it in no time! Done my o/s cable on my driveway with just the back wheel jacked up which wasnt too ideal cause it was a bit of a squeeze and axle stands are a safer bet

daz gt

Member +
its easy mate, if you dont fancy it and you want a drive out bring it to south cumbria and il do it for you!