Harness's MOT question

PelvisGt

Member +
If you have a harness in your car instead of a seatbelt, is that fine to pass the MOT?

Just a quick question :)

scot-ish

Member +
aslong as the harness is secure, its not an MOT failure, ive had a few cars through with harnesses.

ktl

Member +
aslong as the harness is secure, its not an MOT failure, ive had a few cars through with harnesses.

mine failed because it wasnt "e" marked.

so i would advice to just put standard seat belt just incase!

but i did goto a strict strict garage!

but i did goto a strict strict garage!

Thats not true mate.

Garages all comply to the same vosa mot guide handbook.
And that is purely down to the tester as an individual how they are interperated.

As for harnesses make sure that they are fitted correctly,securely and fasten, release as intended.

if for some reason you have left the original seatbelt in also leave the, clasp/receptical/buckel/stalk retainer etc as a belt without is a fail.

PelvisGt

Member +
Yeah I mean I want to know as I dont want it to fail MOT and I want it to work in case of an accident lol

ktl

Member +
Thats not true mate.

Garages all comply to the same vosa mot guide handbook.
And that is purely down to the tester as an individual how they are interperated.

As for harnesses make sure that they are fitted correctly,securely and fasten, release as intended.

if for some reason you have left the original seatbelt in also leave the, clasp/receptical/buckel/stalk retainer etc as a belt without is a fail.

Well thats what he said. He was either a cunt then and made me go put my original seats + std seat belt for no reason.

He also failed on dipped light out but i said you need the engine on to make it work (hids)
still put it down as fail.

ktl

Member +
you might aswell give it ago with the harness, if not just put your standard seat belt back in takes like 10minutes. i had to do it.

just a heads up though as i did get a fail from it.

:rockon: