hate 91 seats

sep91m

Fresh Recruit
this evening decided to tackle puttin my evo recaro into my 91.
took out seat and compared with recaro rail to see what cuttin or weldin would need to be done.it turned out to be alot so i said fork that on a monday evening plus dont have grinder or welder.
had the 91 seat rail off so had to put it back on and its all basically the one unit so to shorten the storey i grew a few gray hairs trying to get it to slot back into place.took a good hour.:shoot:

anywho this leads me to next problem...

has anyone else put recaros into glanza i know its a stupid question of course people have but i would appreciate some help on whats needed

dac69er

Super Moderator
easiest was is to either cut the feet of the standard seats and weld to the evo runners or cut the runners off the starlet seat and fix them to the evo seat.

i dont like either of those ways of doing it.

you can buy seat rails to fit recaro seats but are expensive new and not very common second hand.

final idea is to fabricate your own from scratch that can just bolt straight to the recaro rails. that way you can change the seats if you want to just by unbolting them.
depends if you have the skills and equipment to do it at the end of the day.

Ryan5793

Member +
when i put my recaros in my sr they came with runners already so i chopped the feet of the original seats and bolted them to the recaro runners. i still need to get them welded as i didnt have time to get the carpets out.. hope this helps somewhat.