headgasket sighns and idle

john4688

Member +
hi on friday i fitted some 330cc injectors all weekend its been fine but i was driving home from work came up to a junction and it cut out it drives fine but when i stop it cuts out. do you think there is any link between the 2 or a sensor has gone? also opend the oil filler cap and in the top of it was milky only a little bit of it in the top the rest of the oil seems fine and so dose the collant it hasnt lost any coolant either that i can see i was told that some times u get that in the cap is this true or am i beeing paranoid or could it be the headgasket? thanks

Bullet00th

Member +
Sometimes you get that milky oil mix when you do alot of short journies. Don't know about the cutting out?? Check over your work from weekend, might of left a sensor off, easily done.

Matt

sounds like your car is flooding with fuel on idle.....maybe why its cutting out....check your plugs and see if they are fouled up

this is the problem some people get with the 330ccinjectors when no fuel management is used..........while some dont get any issues at all........i've neve been able to understand it,,,but that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes

u can try to refit your old/295cc injectors to see if this solves the problem....

also....if too much gas is getting into the cylinders.........then it can get into your oil....see if u smel gas in your oil

Toplap

Lifer
i'm with gorgon, sounds like over fueling, or maybe even a boost leak. Do you have anything to regulate the fueling other then the stock FPR?

john4688

Member +
ive got a fuel cut defense, fpr, walbro pump ive got the tdo4 kit and it came with injectors waiting for other stuff 2 fit the kit but was bored on friday so decided to fit them! might take them out for the time then! as for short journeys i only really drove it from work and back which is only a few miles away havnt really gone far so could be that!

Neal Gt

Member +
Some times you get that milky stuff when only doing short trips all the time, so not to bad, if headgaskit gone you would find that the milky oil would be on the dip stick to and also could over heat or your cooln't pressure will be metal,

it could be poss you unpluged a sensor without nowing, check over your work just to make sure, cant remember if we got one but if we have maybe check the idle control vavle, make sure its not sticking :)

john4688

Member +
no it was jst abit on the inside of the cap none on the dip stick or any were else. the colant is fine and the temperatures seam normal! seems like it was just me being parinoid lol probably jst the short journeys! do you reackon i should put the standard injectors back in for the time? all the multiplugy/sensors seam fine.

no it was jst abit on the inside of the cap none on the dip stick or any were else. the colant is fine and the temperatures seam normal! seems like it was just me being parinoid lol probably jst the short journeys! do you reackon i should put the standard injectors back in for the time? all the multiplugy/sensors seam fine.

as i said before"""""u can try to refit your old/295cc injectors to see if this solves the problem....""""""

Adam_Glanza

Member +
you shouldnt fit the kit without the other bits, your engines not gonna be using the extra fuel so its gonna be flooding.

and to be honest the bigger injectors wont help by themselves, only hinder your performance