Heavy oil consumption

Ant

Member +
Hi all,

My Glanza V is guzzling oil like crazy, I know of some small oil leaks it has already however, I notice oil is coming through the BOV as it's lightly spraying it onto the underside of the bonnet. There is no smoke from the exhaust (only the typical puff that's expected when flooring a turbocharged car on full boost) but the oil level falls like mad even when driving off boost, for example, in nearly 500 miles of driving I used nearly 1 1/2 litres of oil, no smoke & no major oil dripping on the road, where is all the oil going?

laskt9

Member +
Have you checked around the common seals for leaks? Ie cam crank oil pan rear main distributor etc? What about in your intercooler? Is there oil there.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Ant

Member +
Yep, the distributor is one I know about & I'm guessing that as oil is being blown out of the bov I would suggest there is. It's a fairly recent rebuild with less than 10,000 miles & a new turbo fitted in July so I'm puzzled as to where it's going wrong?

Paul_JJ

Member +
Send me a text when you free Ant, I can have a look. Most likely if you say your BOV has oil, it's the Turbo seals. Over a litre per 500 miles is mad. What oil do you use?

F4kus

Member +
As above Oil from the dump valve would point to turbo seals, whip off hotside of the turbo and check for excessive oil in the intercooler piping, whilst your at it check the turbine shaft for play.

Ant

Member +
It's a brand new turbo that's just been fitted, not refurbed. If its a faulty unit then I'll pursue that, but what else could it be if not the turbo? Paul, I'm using 10w40 semi synth oil.