HEL braided lines

Harvey

Member +
Recently bought some of these, but the fitting that connects to the hard pipe, is a completely different shape to the chassis bracket.

Anyone else fitted these. And how did you get around it? Only way i can see is by somehow using one of those clips on each side of the bracket in the 2 slots on the fitting? Bit of a bodge though!

Cheers;

Harvey

Arnold

Lifer
My HEL ones didn't fit either! Had to use a cable tie to hold it on lol. Was an advisory on the MOT though

SupaStu

Member +
I got mine fitted at weekend also, fronts were fine, but the rear had to be cabled tied, and the mechanic had to create a backing plate to stop the cable getting pulled through, where the Toyota cable has a hex type plate to stop this happening.

I hope this doesnt cause any problems for my MOT in NI?

Harvey

Member +
Shut it reeks, you are the king of bodges!!! :p

Yeah i think i will have to attempt to make some sort of backing plate for it also. Will see how i get on on sat.

Cheers guys.

Harvey

*starlet_babe*

Member +
arc weld it :p

With a bit of shoving and pushing they do go eventually, I have my front ones on but not the rears.

You will also find that they have made up the rear ones as a one line rather than two to straight replace them. I had to send my back in the end and get them to sort them out. Apparently the orginal set that they made them to came from Toy Tuning.

They are a decent set of lines tho for not a bad price but they do need to make sure they fit properly as they aren't too great on the fitting side :(