help...engine won't start

mesh0501

Fresh Recruit
i removed the fuel railing, injectors and fuel pump to have easy access removing the intake manifold. when i put everything back, the engine won't start? could the absence of fuel in the railing cause this, since it spilled when i removed it. what should i do? thanks guys!:)

scot-ish

Member +
you wouldnt need to remove the fuel pump. i assume you mean the pressure regulator?

do you have fuel there at the rail? a pressure gauge?

what happens when you turn the key? it cranks but wont fire?

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Does sound like no fuel in rail, best to remove king lead an turn it over a couple of time's to get fuel round then put king lead back on an try starting it..

mesh0501

Fresh Recruit
you wouldnt need to remove the fuel pump. i assume you mean the pressure regulator?

do you have fuel there at the rail? a pressure gauge?

what happens when you turn the key? it cranks but wont fire?

oh sorry, i was referring to the fuel filter not the fuel pump. when i turn the key, there is electricity but it does't crank i only hear air.

mesh0501

Fresh Recruit
Does sound like no fuel in rail, best to remove king lead an turn it over a couple of time's to get fuel round then put king lead back on an try starting it..

what do you mean by king lead? sorry i'm not familiar...we may be using differenct terminologies here in the philippines. :)

scot-ish

Member +
it turns over tho yes? just sounds like there is no fuel?

with you having touched the fuel, i would go over everytihng again, make sure you have them all fitted back on, and correctly secured. check and see if the injectors are geting fuel.

if they are, you then have to check the spark side of things.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
what do you mean by king lead? sorry i'm not familiar...we may be using differenct terminologies here in the philippines. :)

King lead is the one in the middle of distributa cap going to bulk head not the engine..

But if it does not crank then you might of missed somink small like ryan said a simple earth lead...

mesh0501

Fresh Recruit
are the fuel pipes back on the pressure regulator correctly?

i think i returned all fuel pipes correctly...pipe from the fuel filter is connected to the pipe going to the fuel regulator, the pipe from the injectors is connected to the charcoal canister. is it possible that the fuel pump could not pump fuel to the engine? my fuel pump was just converted since my previous engine was using carborator.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
if you've had the injector loom out double check you've reattached the earth cable back to the side of the idle control valve, if that's disconnected the car won't start

DSC004571.jpg

mesh0501

Fresh Recruit
i think i found the cause. i may have switched the fuel lines. correct me if i'm wrong, the fuel line coming from the fuel filter should be connected to the fuel rail holding the injectors and the pipe right after the fuel pressure regulator should be connected to the charcoal canister...i could not find pictures/images to confirm this. :)

TheStarletGT

Member +
next time you do anything to your car, either tag or photograph everything as this will ensure you dont come here and make a thread of a problem that could have been avoided. your guess work in future mechanical jobs may indeed blow your engine up or somthing similar.

your novice knowledge will bite you back. make sure you know what your doing next time.

mesh0501

Fresh Recruit
i think i found the cause. i may have switched the fuel lines. correct me if i'm wrong, the fuel line coming from the fuel filter should be connected to the fuel rail holding the injectors and the pipe right after the fuel pressure regulator should be connected to the charcoal canister...i could not find pictures/images to confirm this. :)

is this correct?

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
I had my fuel rail & injectors out yesterday and after reinstall just worked as normal, i was having problem with engine not starting and i couldn't hear the wine of the fuel pump, once i disconnected my fcd it all fired up as normal.

mesh0501

Fresh Recruit
next time you do anything to your car, either tag or photograph everything as this will ensure you dont come here and make a thread of a problem that could have been avoided. your guess work in future mechanical jobs may indeed blow your engine up or somthing similar.

your novice knowledge will bite you back. make sure you know what your doing next time.

will do...my apologies.

scot-ish

Member +

there is no need to be so rude, this forum is all about helping people who make mistakes. its one thing giving advice, but there is no need to talk down to people.