Help fixing headlights illumination field, xenon HID

javieringo1

Member +
I got some xenon HID bulbs but they don't seem to illuminate as good as I thought they would. I notice the headlights might need some adjustment, because the left one is kind of to the left, and the right one seems lower. I've already tried plenty of times using two screws i thought would fix them, but they didn't.

Has someone fixed them? I'd would appreciate it if you could guide trhu it.

also, do you think the bulb's position has something to do with it?

javieringo1

Member +
1001446di6.jpg

1001457wj0.jpg

1001455ir8.jpg

1001451oi6.jpg

Mike D EP82

Member +
well 1st of all 10000k will get you nailed by the old bail, my mate had 8000k and people were always flashing him as they looked like the main beam bulbs but anyhow. yeah they dont look right at all. are the buls correctly positioned in the lamp? and have you checked that all the connections are tight and are getting a good earth and live feed to them?

cole

Member +
well 1st of all 10000k will get you nailed by the old bail, my mate had 8000k and people were always flashing him as they looked like the main beam bulbs but anyhow. yeah they dont look right at all. are the buls correctly positioned in the lamp? and have you checked that all the connections are tight and are getting a good earth and live feed to them?

it wont be to do with the earth because they wouldnt light up if it was and try adjusting your actual headlights 1 might point a bit more up than the other you wouldnt notice untill you put these in

worth a try

Monkfish

Member +
Check the bulbs are seated correctly, they might be out of line slightly. Failing that, you will need to adjust the whole light unit. There are 3/4 screws that do this, but I don't have a picture of the light units.

well 1st of all 10000k will get you nailed by the old bail, my mate had 8000k and people were always flashing him as they looked like the main beam bulbs but anyhow.
What car was your mate driving?

javieringo1

Member +
so the bulb does have a right position to put in? would it be horizontal? or vertical?

and i've never had anyone flash their lights at me :D

javieringo1

Member +
I just got back from checking the headlamps alignment and it came out perfect (they used some machine for it), so the problem I think it deff is the bulb position :(

NinHilario

Fresh Recruit
I have 10,000K that are Xtreme brightest i think you kit have problems maybe ballast of bulbs i have some HID kits if you are interesting.

stedee

Member +
i thought 10k wasnt the brightest, i thought it was one of darkest cos its too blue, isnt 6k the brightest as its nearer pure white and that most ppl go for 8k as its bright but with a hint of blue.

monka

Member +
i thought 10k wasnt the brightest, i thought it was one of darkest cos its too blue, isnt 6k the brightest as its nearer pure white and that most ppl go for 8k as its bright but with a hint of blue.

yeah mate, i do believe your correct there, lol.

javieringo1

Member +
actually the one that ulluminates the most is 4300k, OEM for some cars. I changed the bulbs for some 8kk 9005 and it now fits perfectly, ullumination improved a bit, I guess the magnifying glass type of headlight won't let it illuminate more, you think?

munday

Member +
Another illegal HID kit fitted to a starlet. And people complain about modified cars being pulled over, this could well be a contributory factor!

Bottom line is, HID kits are illegal, do you want the police pulling you over and having an excuse to go over the rest of you car with a fine tooth comb? Didn't a guy on here get done just for having a non standard exhaust? Not to mention pissing off every other road user.

smythy75

Member +
Another illegal HID kit fitted to a starlet. And people complain about modified cars being pulled over, this could well be a contributory factor!

Bottom line is, HID kits are illegal, do you want the police pulling you over and having an excuse to go over the rest of you car with a fine tooth comb? Didn't a guy on here get done just for having a non standard exhaust? Not to mention pissing off every other road user.

if the lights are european approved 'e' marked how can they be illegal!

munday

Member +
Because you also need headlamp washers and self levelling headlamps, as well as a reflector designed to work with HIDs otherwise the beam gets scattered everywhere and makes them dangerous. Basically don't bother with them