Help me!

J25GTi

Lifer
Hey guys,

As some of you have seen i bought a quaddie, Now ive fixed the head, leaky oil turbo feed etc etc!

Now,

I have MASSES of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust and a 1500rpm idle speed.

Now obvious culprits, turbo, and rings. But the turbo should be brand new and ive primed it etc. And the rings dont usually produce a proper stream of blue smoke?

BUT, could a broken PCV valve be the cause of this? are there is MASSIVE mounts of blue/white smoke coming out.

I think it might be slightly over filled with oil so im going to let it settle and check it again and drain some out if needs be.

Any other ideas? Gonna be seriously annoyed if its the turbo...

J25GTi

Lifer
Head was cracked around the exhaust port, but its all been repaired, albeit slightly temporary with some liquid metal while i wait for my HG kit.

So its kinda annoying me, the only other sympton i can think of is PCV valve!

Rob H

Member +
the hi idle speed and smoke together would point to the PVC valve stuck open as you would need a vac leak at the engine side of the TB to affect the idle speed. I would fined the idle problem and then see what happens to the smoke

J25GTi

Lifer
the hi idle speed and smoke together would point to the PVC valve stuck open as you would need a vac leak at the engine side of the TB to affect the idle speed. I would fined the idle problem and then see what happens to the smoke

Im pretty sure a knackered pcv could contribute to both?

Becuase i was thinking a turbo/rings related issue wouldnt give both issues at once"

Rob H

Member +
just pull the pipe off the pcv and cap it off to see what happens thats would be the easy way to check it.