help needed about external waste gates please

jordan jt

Member +
ive recently just purchased a new turbo set up which is ex gated, it has a .9 bar spring inside, if i have a boost controller can i make this lower or only higher? do i have to buy a different spring to go lower on boost? thanks.

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
it alreet mate i had the same problem when i got my wastegate it had a 1bar spring in it which is huge so i had to get a smaller spring so went for the smallest i could get which supposed to be 6psi but it .4 or .5 bar think that is 6psi lol till i get mapped then in goin the 1bar

jordan jt

Member +
yh its a bit of a pain, im only on stock internals at the moment so think im gona need something smaller like .6 as its a k26 turbo.

jordan jt

Member +
oh sweet lol. what power you running at what pressure? im not sure what i can run on stock internals? i have indeed mate.

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
i dont know what power im running coz cant really play with it till i get it mapped at the mo i got the fuel set sumwhere under 3bar coz im just drivin her off boost no fun at all had a little 10 to 50mph and my afr looked better then what it had in the past actually went to sumwhere near 12.summet which is better the running lean lol anyway i carry on lol welcome to the long shopping list u will need are u running water lines on your k26 is it off a porsche 944? u will need waterlines see mike at tuning developements he got mine made for me u will need a spec six paddle clutch also see mike and lsd to put the power down forged internals to go for big power high boost 460cc injectors off a naturally asperated rx-7 and some sort of management im goin emanage ultimate but emanage blue will do also see mike at tuning developements he doin emanagement blue supplied fitted and mapped for £549.99

jordan jt

Member +
yh the big list begins! not sure ifs off a porshe or not, its already has braided oil and water lines, i bought it as a whole kit zisco manifold downpipe and screamer. just need to save up some cash for all the other parts to go with it!

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
contact mike at tuning developements tell him i reccommended him and he will tell u what u need mate/what i got etc i got a zizco cruise mani and downpipe your probably running same turbo as me lol