help needed asap please

rob.94.gt

Member +
i need helpbig time

im geting alot of blue smoke when the car is idleing but when im driving there noo smoke at all the car perfect that way

also the car not boosting right it only boosting to .4 in low and .5 in hi any ideas any one please

and ive bein offered a ct9b turbo which im going to pick up tomorrow but whats the difrence between the normal ct9 one and the ct9b...also he said there a very very small crack on the waste gate would i be able to swap over waste gates from my turbo tanks in advance:)

kieran.s gt

Member +
sounds like ur turbo seals are gone difference in ct9 b is it has 1 extra fin thats all same fit and everything else is the same
small crack in wastegate is very common

rob.94.gt

Member +
sounds like ur turbo seals are gone difference in ct9 b is it has 1 extra fin thats all same fit and everything else is the same
small crack in wastegate is very common

so is there a chance that the turbo could be fine...how much would it be to het seals done

Aidan-G

Member +
yes you can swap over the exaust sides of the turbos very easily:)

what kind of boost guage have you got?

Last edited:

stuart

Member +
Stick the other CT9 your getting tomorrow on and see if it solves the problem, if it does, well then you know the turbo you took off is shagged. :)

H

hoochhenry

your seals are gone just put the other one on should do the trick they sell cheap second hand ones on this site cheap

rob.94.gt

Member +
Stick the other CT9 your getting tomorrow on and see if it solves the problem, if it does, well then you know the turbo you took off is shagged. :)

ye sure suppose that sort of goes with out saying i prob should of thought of that nice one lad sound:rockon: