Help needed asap

Demenshun3k

Member +
Alrite lads, hows it goin..
heres the story so far, had a tip in the glanza resultin in havin to get new fmic.. also had to get the head gasket done as she overheated the same day after that..
So, collected the car, and drove it home. Noticing a whoosing, kinda whistling noise as the turbo was spoolin up.. and not as much of a pull out of it as there used to be.. looked for loose piping or any loose clips, nothin.. looked for anywhere there could be a leakage in boost, nothn.. and just about an hour ago its spluttering now too.. chugging, this first happened when u put the boot down, but now its happening almost constant.. any ideas?? :argue::mad::slap:

Demenshun3k

Member +
mods are as follows :
HKS Actuator
HKS Power flow air filter
HKS Exhaust
HKS SSQV ver.2
Sard silicone hoses
Sard oil catch can
HKS Iridium spark plugs
TRD Silicone Leads
TRD 1.3 bar Rad cap
TRD Sports Thermostat
TRD sports oil filter
JAM ECU
Blitz decat
autobahn FMIC
Walbro 255 Fuel pump
just incase

Demenshun3k

Member +
Its boosting, but whistling like ders air goin into the turbo but comin out at the same time if ya get me.. its runnin like pure shit to be honest at the min

clarkytrd

Member +
Its boosting, but whistling like ders air goin into the turbo but comin out at the same time if ya get me.. its runnin like pure shit to be honest at the min

check all intercooler pipes, i guarantee u one of them in leaking...

trust me, my car done this for months, intercooler silicone hoses kept coming loose, so i put loadsa clamps on the pipes now:haha:

hope it helps you

Demenshun3k

Member +
No no smoke at all lads.. i thought that it was a FMIC pipe 2day checked it der doesnt seem to be any leaks from dem or any of the engine bay piping

Derek

Lifer
If are you using the jubilee clips that come with that kit? change them if you are and it will stop id say, the kit clips are crap.

Derek

Lifer
thatd be my first guess, i had one of those kits and it use to blow the pipes off all the time and leak until i changed the clips.

gv1.3

Admin
had the exact same thing minus the crash.

Have you checked where the air intake goes on to the turbo? Its a pain in the arse to get off but mine somehow managed to get itself half on and off. It looked fine from what I could see but when I took it off the inner bit had gotten bent in and was partially blocking the intake.

Worth having a look at.

boostup

Member +
had the exact same thing minus the crash.

Have you checked where the air intake goes on to the turbo? Its a pain in the arse to get off but mine somehow managed to get itself half on and off. It looked fine from what I could see but when I took it off the inner bit had gotten bent in and was partially blocking the intake.

Worth having a look at.

yh that happend to mine once 1 day before the rolling road day wasnt boostin past .5 had a look and the rubber thing was blocking the inlet sorted it out and all was fine after that

Spoonz

Member +
got the same fmic and it was leaking from the 1st pipe that connects to the turbo out let pipe was there shitty clips

Spoonz

Member +
no it shouldnt splutter, thats prob a spark problem on my ic the inlet pipe was touching the king lead causing it to ark out check that