help needed, gt turbo

Penney16

Member +
the gt has been siting up for the past year and a half because i was away, but home now and want to get the gt back on the road, there wasnt a problem when i was driving it before, but tonight i put a new battery in and started up 1st time which i was very happy about but when i put my foot on the clutch it was stuck but when i stood harder on it it released and fealt ok but then i went to put the car into reverse the car just chucked as if i put it into gear without putting my foot on the clutch.
is the clutch the problem or could it be something else.
any help much appreciated.

jhandy

Member +
By the sounds of things your clutch has seized to the flywheel. Now it could be 2 things either you have ripped the clutch apart where you pressed so hard. Or you have popped the slave cylinder sill. You should have put it in gear then started it because it would have shocked the clutch and made it release without damage.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

jhandy

Member +
I would check see if you have any fluid leaking from the slave. If you don't I'm afraid the gearbox would have to come out

jhandy

Member +
It's most likely gonna be the clutch itself if you still have resistance

Penney16

Member +
i hope its not a bit problem, i dont think ill be able to sort this 1 out myself does any1 know what i would be best off doin with the car to get it sorted?

jhandy

Member +
You can pick up a clutch fairley cheap dude. Not to hard to change if there is to of you. Where you located