help please glanza cut out and wont start back up

kenchyturbo

Member +
Hi there any help please car was driving fine then got stuck in traffic and the car cut out didn't want to start back up it turns over but nothing there's lights on dash and starter motor is turning it over but nothing not goin to start at all thanks for any help

AdamB

Member +
First thing I would check is the battery. If thats all good, then check your getting fuel to the rail, and ignition at the spark plugs.

kenchyturbo

Member +
Battery seems to be turning the car over do I take the main fuel pipe of that goes onto the rail and see if fuel is passing thrue it could it be rottory arm or crank shaft sensor thanks

AdamB

Member +
Unless you got an EML on the dash I don't think a sensor would have stopped the engine. I could be wrong though.
Yes remove the fuel rail delivery pipe (right hand side of rail if looking from front-back).

kenchyturbo

Member +
Think problem is king lead or the coil little black box on the bulkhead that it plugs into if it is how much is that or has anyone got one of these forsale thanks for the help

wildchild

Member +
check your fuses. EFI and fuel pump fuse.
maybe your fuel pump is not working.
if you have an ignition spark checker tool then you can check for spark at the king lead. if you can hold it close to a negative source from the battery or car body and you see tiny sparks while cranking then ur king lead is ok.
Also if the earth wire that grounds the injectors at the manifold is loose or has come off then your injectors wont open and car wont start.

kenchyturbo

Member +
Problem put dwn to the little black box on the bulk head that the king lead plugs into fitted this but now it keeps blowing the efi fuse

AdamB

Member +
If you keep blowing the fuse you got a short circuit somewhere. Check over wiring that could be rubbing on any metal.

wildchild

Member +
yes as said above you have a short circuit somewhere. check the wiring from the ignition coil (black box) to the fusebox and ecu. a wire must be getting earthed at some point. is the part number same as the old coil?