help please, no spark

wainy

Member +
help please, no power to ignitor/coil

Hi everyone,
Iv been adding a few extras to my car recently and tiding my engine bay up but when i have come to start the car up last week it would not start its just turning over!

After spending all week trying different things we worked out it is not sparking.
Now we have tried changing the ignitor and leads, checking earths, loose connectors etc. there appears to be no power going to the ignitor/coil.

Does anyone have any ideas what else to check is im really fed up now?? :(:confused:

cheers
rachel

Last edited:

wainy

Member +
new engine mounts, new aliminium radiator and i have had the starter motor off.

i have checked absolutly everything, every day this week, i just dont know what else to check now.

rach

Aidan-G

Member +
did you check the earth over at the driverside mount?and the gearbox side?

if the earths arent on correct it wont fire,have you checked if there is power goin to the ignitor?

wainy

Member +
yes i have checked the earths and have even tried earthing with a jump lead and still nothing.
no there is no power going to the ignitor but dont understand why when it started fine a couple of weeks before...

cheers for replys

rach

wainy

Member +
cheers again for reply
rep given!!

i checked all fuses the one for the radiator had blown but none of the others.
iv also done a diagnostic test and it came back with nothing. :(

Aidan-G

Member +
cheers again for reply
rep given!!

i checked all fuses the one for the radiator had blown but none of the others.
iv also done a diagnostic test and it came back with nothing. :(

did you check the big ones for the altanator?not sure on glanzas but you need a socket to take them out,there big 50/80amp fuses,black and orange in colour

hard to really guess over the forum,but i feel your pain,i had a similar prob and i went as far as changing engine looms,my heart was broke:mad:

wainy

Member +
checked all fuses again today and done diagnostic check and it just confirms there is no power to ignitor.

help please as im just about to give up!!!

rach