help please tunning to 170-190bhp

mark-tozer

Member +
hello just bought a starlet gt turbo it has straight through exhaust system including de cat and exhaust manifold plus front mount intercooler plus cone filter also a boost controller.I would like to get around 170-190bhp wat would u guys recommend me to do ?
i understand when u start fitting exhaust and front mount intercoolers it alters the afr which is the best device to change this i was looking at a hks afr which is around £100 i dont really want 2 be spending £300 plus on emanage for the time may in the future. i understand aswell with the boost controller i can change my boost i read on here i think that the standard ct9 turbo can take 1 bar boost all day long, then oviously i guess i need to up the fuel pressure so would have to get a fuel pressure regulator and 255 fuel pump. ive bought a hks fcd aswell ive read alsorts or things about the fcd so not that sure on it im guessing from wat ive read if u put a fcd on you must check the afr or u will f**k your engine.
as much help would be greatfull
cheers mark-tozer

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
your right in what your reading about afr changing and the fcd but if you plan on running a bar boost then you will need something to stop fuel cut. the fcd and afr and fuel pressure reg will do the finest once its set up right. also id recommend to relocate the air filter to the front bumper and remove the a/c just to get a few more bhp

mark-tozer

Member +
your right in what your reading about afr changing and the fcd but if you plan on running a bar boost then you will need something to stop fuel cut. the fcd and afr and fuel pressure reg will do the finest once its set up right. also id recommend to relocate the air filter to the front bumper and remove the a/c just to get a few more bhp

so a fcd is no gd for 1 bar of boost wat do u suggest to get to adjust the afr also air con has all been removed and was thinking about moving air filter

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
so a fcd is no gd for 1 bar of boost wat do u suggest to get to adjust the afr also air con has all been removed and was thinking about moving air filter
no the fcd will do the job for a bar sorry if i wasnt clear there get something like an apexi safc i think is the one you can adjust the air fuel with or the hks afr wil do too just get it all set up properly ;)

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
no bother im sure there is better ways and some other lads will have some better more efficient ways and ideas

AdamB

Member +
As you said, it is the cheapest way to go, using a FCD, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump as the original is probably tired. Also it needs to be properly setup for you to get the best out of it. If you going to stick at 1 bar for a while then this will make it a very cheap upgrade for the power you will get.

H_D

Member +
personally i wouldnt run a fcd as it just bypasses the fuel cut at wich it runs your engine lean... your best bet would be to up your budget and get a self learn ecu in there wich will remove fuel cut, speed limit, more aggressive fueling and timing and a much more responsive spool up at the same time i would also port the wategate on the turbo to minimise boost creep and you will not need to change your fuel pump or injectors also recommend you ditch yor air con and relocate your air filter.