Help with TEIN Suspension

bruce674

Fresh Recruit
Have recently bought a Glanza that came with TEIN suspension, Sports spec type Driving master HA. However, a couple weeks down the line, the right front strut is now leaking, pretty bad.

Is there a quick fix for these type of struts or is the only option to send the strut off to TEIN? If so has anyone got any experience of this?

Out of curiosity, how much roughly can you get a decent suspension kit for a Glanza, might just replace the kit instead of sending it off to TEIN.

cheers for any help

Rob H

Member +
Tein do have a repair center in milton keynes there not cheep tho and they will not sell you the parts to get them done by some one els! If they are quit old too they will just try and sell you new ones! but for our roads there is a lot better than tein! I have 2 sets of HA my self that need work!

Hazzagray

Member +
any ideas what they charge? Bit cheeky of them, if you could afford to buy now ones you would get the others replaced in the first place!

Hazzagray

Member +
any ideas what they charge? Bit cheeky of them, if you could afford to buy now ones you would get the others replaced in the first place!

MeisterR

Lifer
To be honest, Tein HA is quite old already (they don't even make them anymore)
And suspension technology have move alot since then.

While you can repair them, there is no telling when the other side will fail, not to mention the damper will be unbalance (as one side will be new and the other side will be old).

It might be worth looking into getting new suspension at this point.
1. It will be new so you know they will work well and work the same.
2. It also mean you get a new 1 year warranty so if anything goes wrong, you are covered.

bruce674

Fresh Recruit
Had a go at fixing them ourselves, filling the strut up and putting a new seal on (wasnt a tein seal though, just one that would fit the best) the makeshift repaid lasted a month . . .

So, im now thinking that i might buy another suspension kit, but stick the Tein springs on the new shocks, as the springs are still in good nick.

theres a set of KYB shocks on ebay just now, whats the rep on KYB, any good?

Dadzi

Fresh Recruit
i had same problem sent then back to tein and they wanted nearly 5oo pound to repair them and they were only 2 year old if that they were tein super streets with adjustable top mounts. i got some new MeisterR's instead cant fault them at all guna get it on track soon and see what they can really do.:)
tein or great suspension but way to expensive to repair.:(