Help

yan

Member +
Hi, can anyone help me putting a dump valve(hks) on a diesel seat ibiza.
Any help appreciated thnx

Is that possible. I know you can put bov's on diesels but I think you can only use diesel ones dont think a ssqv would work.

TurboDave

Member +
It would sound hidious and stupid plus I believe you cant do it as diesel engines operate off the vacuum differently to petrol engines.

yan

Member +
I was told that some guys did it but it does not sound same as in a petrol car as the vacuum pressure is low...

Its a big job and I think there done by phnumatics with electronics.
Diesel_Dump_Valve_New.jpg

TurboDave

Member +
Mate not being funny but if you want to put a DV on a derv then imo you need your head looking at. It will make you look like an idiot.

yan

Member +
Wow! That seems like alot of trouble just to fit a dv. Are there any benefits/gains to be had from this installation besides the dv sound? Will this protect the diesel engine turbo the same as a gasoline engine's? Diesel dv's are new to me...I'm just curious.

Not really ... but just want to b different from others :)

gv1.3

Admin
please post in the correct section - this is a technical question - this is not a technical forum.

Moved

59bhp

Member +
you can put a dump valve on a diesel but you need to have it operating from the throttle as a diesels throttle works by injecting more fuel into the engine as opposed to letting more air in and thus has no throttle butterfly so no pressure build up.