help?

Jayd.m

Member +
basicly im driving along say i hit 4000/5000rpm and the car seems to rev realy quickly like im in neutral to say 6000rpm without any pull then it hits in, almost like its boosting again. so im driving along fine have good pull then like im droping the clutch and keep my foot down on the revs & then it pulls again?

im tinking clutch but i have no problums changing gear ect? thanks!

Last edited:

neilelliot_1

Member +
sounds like ur clutch is slipping mate test it 4th and 5th gear at about 4000rpm and u should be able to tell, i had the same problem couple months back, just replaced the clutch. im sure dave at tm developments is doing a spring deal on them just now!

churcherj

Member +
definately clutch slip mate, pretty easy to find a decent clutch kit for cheapish, i would replace as soon as you can though

it wont necessarily give you problems when changing gear, but when your in gear and put your foot down the clutch wont engage properly "slipping" and basically not making you move lol

jonny-boi32

Member +
defo the clutch, i had this problem as i went thru 2 clutches between november and december. ahh the joys of boost.:haha:

neilelliot_1

Member +
sound pal, thats what i thought tbh, and it wouldnt necessarily mean id have gear change problums.?

nah u wudnt necessarily have any gear change problems with the clutch slipping, i never anyway, just was effecting the booooooooooost! get it changed and ul be tip top ma man :drive:

Jayd.m

Member +
definately clutch slip mate, pretty easy to find a decent clutch kit for cheapish, i would replace as soon as you can though

it wont necessarily give you problems when changing gear, but when your in gear and put your foot down the clutch wont engage properly "slipping" and basically not making you move lol

cheers. well any of you got an idea what would be the best clutch to buy(cheap as possible). my car should be in & around the 180hp bracket so would the standard exedy clutch be good at this hp, or just the even cheap oem one? or would i be better off getting a better one again?

churcherj

Member +
cheers. well any of you got an idea what would be the best clutch to buy(cheap as possible). my car should be in & around the 180hp bracket so would the standard exedy clutch be good at this hp, or just the even cheap oem one? or would i be better off getting a better one again?

you might aswell spend a little bit extra and get a clutch that has a good torque resistance rating, the exedy would be fine for 180bhp, the standard one would probably be ok at that running the ct9. to be honest mate its more torque that puts strain on the drivetrain system so if your running a stock ct9 it will be fine with either, not sure what people run on here, some say exedy paddle clutch although this car be harsh around town...

heres a link for one:

http://www.tm-developments.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_32_5&products_id=125

possibley go on the gearbox/lsd section and search for clutches and loads of info will come up as too what clutch suits you :)

jonny-boi32

Member +

my gt was at 170bhp and i got a CAP paddle clutch and it was grand after it. if i remember correctly it was 199usd and £45 shipping, then customs stick their arm in. come to arounf £200. good value for money.

Jayd.m

Member +
my gt was at 170bhp and i got a CAP paddle clutch and it was grand after it. if i remember correctly it was 199usd and £45 shipping, then customs stick their arm in. come to arounf £200. good value for money.

was that off ebay jonny? wouldnt have much more 2spend than 200euro tbh.