Hid lights

twaiter

Member +
Are these legal on the projector quadlight? i know their is a law stating that head light units must have washers and leveling but im not sure if this is just for reflector lenses or not..
Any ideas?

A L 3 X

Member +
Still not technically legal, I really doubt you will have any bother though if you stick to 8000k or under.

96v

Member +
i thought the law regarding washers etc only mattered if your car was fitted with them as standard :confused:
and seeing as though starlets arent, i think they are fine! but dont hold me to that

AdamB

Member +
i thought the law regarding washers etc only mattered if your car was fitted with them as standard :confused:
and seeing as though starlets arent, i think they are fine! but dont hold me to that

As far as i'm aware this is true. If your car come from the factory with the headlight washers, they MUST work.
I was told that if you have HIDs then you must have a self levelling system, regardless if your car came from the factory with it or not. Does the starlet have a self levelling system? I didn't think they did.

AdDaMan

Member +
basically if you have projectors (quadlights) then you will get away with it and if you have non-projector (glanza, squarelight gt) you wont and they will look shit.

Reeco

Member +
HID's look soo "max power" on any car thats not supposed to have them, should come free with a burberry hat and a tracksuit

twaiter

Member +
I kind of agree reeco, i dont like them on reflector lights and you can obviously tell its not meant to have them. but with the projector headlights and no more than 6000k and 35w i think will be fine on the projector, this isnt for a "cool" look, its for more light on the road. each to their own.