hks actuator problem

Rossi-GTturbo

Member +
ive just adjusted my actuator because it was boosting to 12-13 psi, ive wound it out and it still doing the same no different?? Would it be that it just nackered or am i doing somethink wrong. i fink it wound out to 130mm????

J25GTi

Lifer
Yeah you can, was just checking you didnt!

how many turns did you wind it out? Have you bypased the hi/lo solenoid etc?

Rossi-GTturbo

Member +
i found when fitting it around 6turns to half a psi....how far have you wound it out??

well i measured how far it is and it out 128mm should i got out more?

but now i can here the exahust gases going thorugh the screamer on ides and before i could so is it now hold the wg open???:confused:

Rossi-GTturbo

Member +
Yeah you can, was just checking you didnt!

how many turns did you wind it out? Have you bypased the hi/lo solenoid etc?

yeh it has been bypassed and it got night pager screamer and relocated airfilter but i thoght winding it out would stop it a lil ?

jam35

Member +
the spring may be damaged in it mate not a clue what the previous owner did with it.i would wind it back to where it was and get an ebc i think that should solve your problems:)

jam35

Member +
pull the actuator arm if its really slack then it could well be on the way out as they are quite stiff it shouldnt be its less than 12 months old but who knows whats been done to it:shoot:

J25GTi

Lifer
the spring may be damaged in it mate not a clue what the previous owner did with it.i would wind it back to where it was and get an ebc i think that should solve your problems:)

Sorry to burst the bubble, btu as your trying to lower the boost you actually need to fix this, as an EBC cannot lower boost below the actuator set point, So if your actuator is set at 13psi thats as low as you can go.

you will need to try and test the actuator some how

TurboDave

Member +
i fink ive sorted it. im sure u have to wind it in to lower psi because as u wind out the open the wg more!

The more tension which you put on the actuator arm i.e. the shorter you make the arm, more boost pressure will be required in order to overcome the sprung tension on the actuator arm to open the wastegate therefore producing a higher boost level.

If your actuator arm was loose and easy to pull out it would result in the wastegate opening earlier and creating a lower boost level.

Make sure that the end of the arm is moving on the actuator arm not the entire shaft, 1 complete turn will be around 1psi but it varies.