hks actuator

stu bears gt

Member +
as above have a hks actuator fitted but dosnt seem to affect boost what so ever...always boost at the same just hitting cut so i want to turn it down.
i no longer means less presure, so whats going on? fuked acuator?
cheers stu

Rob H

Member +
Sounds like your not getting a boost signal to the actuator from the turbo making it open check the pipe to the actuator make sure it has no holes in it or leaks I would take the arm off the waste gate and check it's not too tight. Put it back on so it's just holding shut and then just turn it up half a turn at a time till you get it as you want it.

stu bears gt

Member +
yer checked all the pipes matey seem to be all good and just ported the wastegate, think il just wind it in all the way and if i still have the same problem il have to start over again.

Mikey4410

Member +
You can check actuators with a footpump/handpump with a guage on it.connect it up and pump very carefully and u wil see roughly what its opening @ and if its indeed faulty or not.just a thought! ! I always check mine first.

carrington865

Member +
i would try adjusting it mate. that would most likely be ur first option.

i have read before where people have adjusted it too much trying to keep the boost level down that it was messing the boost up. could be ur problem.

do u have a decat?