How long will this engine live/limits?

A172

Member +
Happy New Year to all.

I'm looking for some opinions or more importantly, past experience as to this situation. The engine is a stock 4efte, rebuilt about a year and a half ago with new everything.

Turbo is wrx td04, 460 injectors and emanage blue. Now the motor has been running 20psi for the past few months(probably every weekend at drags) on 93oct and C16 mix. So far so good, absolutely NO problems and not a drop of of oil coming up through the breather to date.

The new scenario is we're looking to install a water meth kit soon and run it for a few months before a forged 1.3 goes in. Now my question is really...to those that have pushed a stock block, how long do you guys think a stock block will live on td04 20-21psi with water meth and a safe tune? How aggressive can we go on the tune compared to what we're using atm? So far the map we have been using is extremely safe, stock timing, 11.1-10.8 afr etc...how much more can we push it? What kinda power, on average, you think we'll net?

Any input will be most appreciated.

wow i wouldnt think it could take much more but who cares when you got a forge lump for her , bck to the point many peeps seem to be doin the same stuff so its all on luck and health of the engine. plus you much hav a good mapper